Leica CL Sigma Lens choices - 24mm F2 vs 16mm f1.4 and 30mm f1.4???

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

O it sure is not a bad lens. It’s that for someone who sees the T and CL as their main camera (me) without unlimited funds, I find that it’s value doesn’t hold up against for instance the Sigma 30/1.4 ánd 56mm/1.4 ánd even keep some change in the pocket. I don’t think it’s higher price is justified.
Though I didn’t see purple fringing in a lot of photos, but most definitely more often than I ever saw in previous systems. 
Maybe I’m a more budget orientated buyer coming from M4/3, but to me that’s not a property belonging to a €/$ 1.000 lens. 

Generally speaking, the words value and budget oriented don't comport with anything that has Leica engraved on it. Additionally, in the 23-24mm focal length your options are limited.  I understand the Sigma 24mm f2 is well regarded but it's also larger and much heavier than the 23.  I tried the smaller 24 mm f3.5 but wasn't impressed in the least.  In fact I gave it away. YMMV.

I'm not budget orientated as in 'cheap', but I do look for quality vs price. And if it sticks up to its premium price. It's all about personal preferences and nuances in the end. Where other things as IQ and price are more decisive: I don't really match with 35mm FOV. I generally shoot either 28mm or 50mm. So therefore a lens in the 30mm-40mm APSC range works better on me. True thing is that -in the 20-25mm- there isn't a lot to choose from. 

If I would've liked to stay in that 35'ish FOV, there isn't really anything better than the TL-23.

Anyway, the sale has been finalized just now as I've been paid by MPB. When you see a black 23mm boxed 'Excellent' arriving in the next couple of weeks on the EU page of MPB, that's mine and nothings wrong with it ;) I'm trading it for a 30mm/1.4 and 56mm/1.4 with a little cash on the side.