What is the best (most reliable) performing lightweight reasonably fast 50 mm M-mount lens?

roelandinho

Maybe an idea to make such a no-BS lens again like the Summitar-M.  But then with a proper focus ramp. Why?
From looking at pictures it looks as if it has a sloped cam. That has always prevented me from buying it. Just the thought.

But this is not the era anymore of the CLE design logic. I mean marketing logic; it was said the offer of the Leica CLe was made such that it would not cannibalize.

there might be a demand for a no frills product.

There is no secret market division I hope . . . where Wetzlar leaves this open.

52 minutes ago, Alberti said:

Maybe an idea to make such a no-BS lens again like the Summitar-M.  But then with a proper focus ramp. Why?
From looking at pictures it looks as if it has a sloped cam. That has always prevented me from buying it. Just the thought.

But this is not the era anymore of the CLE design logic. [...]

Long time no checked but i don't think my Summarit-M and Minolta CLE lenses have a sloped focus cam. Was only a design of Summicron-C 40/2 and Elmar-C 90/4 lenses for Leica film CL and similar lenses for Minolta CL (not CLE) if memory serves but i may be wrong. Edit: My 7artisans 35/2 has a sloped focus cam too. FWIW.

Edited by lct

On 9/1/2022 at 11:04 PM, a.noctilux said:

I would repeat myself, the "sweetest" (not the best 😉) in 50mm Summicron I have/use is the 50 Th. Anniversary ( model 11615 )  which imitated the Rigid (II) while not having the infinity lock, and the large and scalloped focus ring is a joy in use. Optical cell of latest model including 8 blades aperture ( light blobs = hexagones shape )

non-working Leicameter MR here was a joke

I have a copy of this lens myself. Picked it up for £800 in 2016. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Has anyone seen the prices they're going for today?