M11's liquid contact indigator

kyono

2 hours ago, MikeMike88 said:

Not exactly sure what you mean , what is a liquid contact indicator ?

Wouldn’t you know if your camera had gotten wet ? 

No, there is a groove inside the battery box, and there is something like a red indicator inside.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The picture above is my camera.

This photo is a camera in the store.

I was guessing it as an immersion label until I saw the picture of the store.

2 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

물이 들어가면 어떤 색으로 변합니까? 포럼에 참가할 의사가 있는 사람이 있습니까?
(죄송합니다. 저는 M11이 없습니다. 그렇지 않으면 국가를 위한 희생으로 드릴 것입니다.)

Oh, I wrote this indicator as an indigator!

From what I've checked so far, the red color in the photo doesn't seem to be the immersion label.( The title of this topic is quoted from iPhone. → https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104 )

An immersion label will activate when it contacts water or a liquid containing water.(white→red)

Over the weekend, I checked a few Leica stores in Korea and found that all M11 models on display were red.(Ah, the store only checked the black model.)

As soon as I figure out what that red color is, I'll add it to the topic.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I'm back.

The answer came from the Korean Leica Store. I was a little disappointed after hearing the answer. (Actually, I was relieved.)

The red indicator in the battery compartment was nothing!!

It is a hole that was made during the assembly process, and it is said to have no meaning.

I'm really glad it's not an immersion label.

2 minutes ago, kyono said:

The answer came from the Korean Leica Store. I was a little disappointed after hearing the answer. (Actually, I was relieved.)

It is a hole that was made during the assembly process, and it is said to have no meaning.

How on earth did you figure this to be a "liquid contact indicator/immersion label" ??? It's only 2022, Leica does not invent one until 2037...

1 hour ago, kyono said:

I love those answers from a store. You are correct that it is not a liquid contact indicator. It is, however, an indicator for a specific purpose. Send an email to Leica headquarters in Wetzlar, Germany and ask what it is. Let’s see what that answer is for a sealed red hole is in the internal part of the camera. 

19 hours ago, jdlaing said:

I love those answers from a store. You are correct that it is not a liquid contact indicator. It is, however, an indicator for a specific purpose. Send an email to Leica headquarters in Wetzlar, Germany and ask what it is. Let’s see what that answer is for a sealed red hole is in the internal part of the camera. 

It is reported that a Korean Leica store had direct contact with Germany.

The Leica answer says it's only used to check if it's properly assembled on the assembly line.

21 hours ago, Al Brown said:

How on earth did you figure this to be a "liquid contact indicator/immersion label" ??? It's only 2022, Leica does not invent one until 2037...

If you look closely at the bottom of the battery, there is a sealing for basic waterproofing.

That made me mistaken.

4 hours ago, kyono said:

It is reported that a Korean Leica store had direct contact with Germany.

The Leica answer says it's only used to check if it's properly assembled on the assembly line.

That’s correct. Also an indicator if the camera was disassembled. 😃

• Like 1