pressed shutter n release, there’s no click sound

augustnspring

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The shutter works pretty fine until this morning when I tried to take a picture of the roof of my neighbor. 

Very bright day and sky and the building plane is in the shadow, but when I pressed shutter, it didn’t not go down as usual and did not make that click sound. It felt like it only went down half way and made a muffled sound like EN. However the shot was taken.

I can’t make out why.

Appreciate if someone knows why and shares with me.

I am guessing, could it be the electronic shutter?

It is totally silent, there are no moving parts. If you have selected the hybrid shutter, it is used in auto when speed exceeds 1/4000th. 

It is useful with f 1/ f1.4 in sunny conditions but comes with a very evident rolling shutter effect (the images look like compressed and deformed, if objects, or the camera, move while the picture is taken).

G>

1 hour ago, geotrupede said:

I am guessing, could it be the electronic shutter?

It is totally silent, there are no moving parts. If you have selected the hybrid shutter, it is used in auto when speed exceeds 1/4000th. 

It is useful with f 1/ f1.4 in sunny conditions but comes with a very evident rolling shutter effect (the images look like compressed and deformed, if objects, or the camera, move while the picture is taken).

G>

Thank you so much, you are definitely right!!! After reading your post I did some experiment with the camera and it turned out to be how it should be as you mentioned. Thanks!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I don't have the M11, but if it is like other Leicas then in the 'Automatic' shutter-type setting, it will switch to electronic shutter when the light is very bright and a very short exposure is required.

Thanks, it's exactly that! Newbie did not know..

• Like 1