Interval Shooting

Jiminy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Trying to use the interval shooting feature with my new M11.  Despite having a defined number of frames set, the camera keeps on shooting at the prescribed interval until I turn the camera off or stop the shoot by pressing the play button and choosing "end".  Am I missing something?

21 minutes ago, Jiminy said:

Yes, but if I understand correctly the shooting should stop automatically after the set number of frames has been reached.  This does not happen.

The manual says press the play button and select end but it is faster to revert to your previous user profile if you have one.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hmm. Just tested mine. I set it for a 5s count down followed by five shots with a 2s interval. It did just what I expected--waited 5s after I released the shutter, then took a total of five shots, two seconds apart, and stopped. I'm running firmware 1.5.0.1 on my M11.

Edited by Jared

33 minutes ago, Jared said:

Hmm. Just tested mine. I set it for a 5s count down followed by five shots with a 2s interval. It did just what I expected--waited 5s after I released the shutter, then took a total of five shots, two seconds apart, and stopped. I'm running firmware 1.5.0.1 on my M11.

Same firmware and same interval settings here. When shooting starts, the camera numbers and saves frames to the number set. Then it repeats the same sequence over and over until I stop it manually. It just can’t help itself. 😬

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just for my understanding. When you say " it repeats the same sequence over and over" do you mean it does that automatically without you pressing the shutter release? If it repeats the same sequence each time you press the shutter release, i would say it is normal as long as you stay in interval shooting mode. You have to quit that drive mode in the first place to revert to single or continual shots if you wish so. But perhaps i'm missing something.

4 hours ago, lct said:

Just for my understanding. When you say " it repeats the same sequence over and over" do you mean it does that automatically without you pressing the shutter release? If it repeats the same sequence each time you press the shutter release, i would say it is normal as long as you stay in interval shooting mode. You have to quit that drive mode in the first place to revert to single or continual shots if you wish so. But perhaps i'm missing something.

Just one push of the shutter button. It shoots and counts up to the number of frames set and then starts over again and again. It only stops when I go to “play” and press stop.  Also, I am shooting in the electronic shutter mode. Should that make a difference?

Edited by Jiminy

Eureka!  Problem solved.  Changed from electronic to mechanical shutter and now it works properly.  If someone from Leica is reading this, maybe they can explain.  At minimum they should elaborate in the instructions manual.  This is not the only place the manual falls short.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...