Capture One Pro M11 Tethering

IzelPhotography

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've only had the M11 a couple of days but I hadn't realised that tethering was available in C1 Pro 22. Naturally you cannot change aperture but full control of everything else, ISO, speed, metering, remote trigger etc as well as live view. A nice bonus to be able to use it in the studio and shoot straight into C1.

So far it seems to work with the same USB C cables I use with the Sony system into a MacBook M1 Max. Might make a wooden grip to help shield/support the USB c plug when not shooting from a Manfrotto Magic Arm.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IzelPhotography said:

Interesting. I'm just finding my feet with the M11, main system is a Sony A9 etc plus the Leica Q-P which the M11 replaces. 

As it stands, what's the best way to transfer images from the internal memory to a MacBook? The cable works well with my iPhone but my iPad has usb c connection.

I think they are still working out the bugs...

The best speed for downloading right now is true WIFI, it was different before the FOTOS app update where the cable was better.

It is still a mystery with cables work for the iPad, it is still a limitation of the Fotos app. For now the cable from the iPad Pro works. and I found some USB-C 2.0 work in 5 meter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 9:28 AM, Photoworks said:

I think they are still working out the bugs...

The best speed for downloading right now is true WIFI, it was different before the FOTOS app update where the cable was better.

It is still a mystery with cables work for the iPad, it is still a limitation of the Fotos app. For now the cable from the iPad Pro works. and I found some USB-C 2.0 work in 5 meter

I have been trying to tether my M11 to my iPad Air for critical focusing and tripping the shutter using Fotos. I will probably use for capturing negatives to digital with my 100mm Makro Planar, a Nikon F-M mount adapter, and a lightbox and copy stand. I would then use the card reader and Lightroom/PS on my MacPro to process negatives captures into positive files to print.

So far I have not got a cable to work, only WiFi. Do you mean to say USB 2.0 standard USB C cables not Gen 2 of USB 3.1 standard USB C cables? The older standard works better? Weird.

1 minute ago, sdk said:

Thanks @Hanno and @Photoworks. I am going to try some different USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 cables today. Maybe one will work, and then that can be my tethering cable. I really just want to control the camera, not process on the iPad.

There are not options to Control the camera in Capture one for iPad . only a capture button at this point, maybe in the future.  I only capture to iPad on location to see the image larges and see how much I can recover. Processing will be done later on the computer.

Focus app is the only one that can change exposure and shoot. and for that USB-C 2.0 cable works on a iPad Pro with usb-c port.
If you have the IPAD with lighting port you have to use the provided Leica cable for data transfer.