My camera was stolen in Frankfurt.

SEOK

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry, I am not good in English.

I parked at Frankfurt Cathedral.

The thief opened the trunk of my car and stole all the cameras.

Inside the camera bag were 'Leica m10-p', 'Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH silver' and 'Lumix S1'.

I called the police immediately.

I wrote a police report, and I went to the Leica store to tell them.

Leica Store Frankfurt was very kind to help me.

Please tell me if you find my camera.

Leica M10-P, silver chrome finish - S/N : 5326519

Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH silver - S/N : 4754541

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That‘s sad to hear. I hope they will find and arrest the thief.

Frankfurt apparently deteriorated a lot. Breaking the trunk (during daytime?) for stealing goods that were not openly visible suggests that the thief observing the neighborhood for potential thefts.

Well, in Barcelona they are robbing expensive watches from your wrist. And the Leica as an add-on, if available…

Thieves tend to watch people parking their cars, as they know that many times the owners would put valuables in the trunk before walking away.

I never leave cameras in my car - trunk or not.  As much as it is often a pain to take the bag with me on a quick errand into a grocery store, I prefer that than the possible alternative.

Sorry this happened to you.  :(

On 9/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, Huss said:

Thieves tend to watch people parking their cars, as they know that many times the owners would put valuables in the trunk before walking away.

I never leave cameras in my car - trunk or not.  As much as it is often a pain to take the bag with me on a quick errand into a grocery store, I prefer that than the possible alternative.

Sorry this happened to you.  :(

Also am sorry for your loss.  My cameras are like my babies in odd way.  I grew up and lived in Manhattan, NY during  rotten Needle Park days.  My friend left his cheap busboy shoes in my car and it was broken into to steal them back then.  Since then I don't leave anything in cars.   Hopefully someone will try to service the camera or serial number will be traced someway.  The people that stole it should suffer bad luck and bad karma at least!!!