Identity Plate in Lightroom Missing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Setup: Mac Studio running macOS Monterey Version 12.5.1 with Lightroom Classic version 11.5.

For years I've been using the Identity Plate in the Print Module to add a title to my prints. This has worked for years through various older versions of Lightroom. I made a print two days ago and everything worked fine. However, I've just tried to make another print and although the Identity Plate is 'ticked' it doesn't show.

If I change the "Layout Style" (in the Print module) from 'Single Image/Contact Sheet', to 'Picture Package', or 'Custom Package', the identity plate works but then I cannot import the image. Both the Watermarking and Photo Info function both work.

I've uninstalled Lightroom and re-installed it but that didn't work. Must admit that when I uninstalled Lightroom it asked if I wanted to 'Keep' the preferences, I responded Yes; maybe I should have Removed them.

The Identity Plate function works on my MacBook Pro and I've made sure all the Preferences are identical but again without success.

Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else and if anyone would be kind enough to advise on a possible solution.

Many thanks, Tom

I'm not sure if it's any comfort but it works as expected on my Mac Pro.

I've found that when you use the 'Picture Package' and Custom Package" it behaves differently than for a single image, in that as it's a package it expects more than one image and you have to use the 'Filmstrip' visible at the bottom (F6) and drag an image or images from this to the print panel.  This behaviour can be changed on the toolbar at the bottom or in the menubar, 'Print' and then 'Content' to be a single or multiple images.  In all of these circumstances on my Mac the Identity Panel is always useable.

Although, the uninstaller asks if you want to remove all files and preferences Adobe is notorious for leaving all sorts of files behind when it leaves, and it may be one of these that is the problem.

As my Mac is Intel based and works as expected it could be a bug in the 'Apple Silicon' version of the software only.  It may be worth looking on the Adobe Community to see if others are having the same problem and if not report it anyway as someone may have had a similar problem and knows the solution.

Hope that's of some help.

Edited by Bobitybob
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bobitybob said:

I'm not sure if it's any comfort but it works as expected on my Mac Pro.

I've found that when you use the 'Picture Package' and Custom Package" it behaves differently than for a single image, in that as it's a package it expects more than one image and you have to use the 'Filmstrip' visible at the bottom (F6) and drag an image or images from this to the print panel.  This behaviour can be changed on the toolbar at the bottom or in the menubar, 'Print' and then 'Content' to be a single or multiple images.  In all of these circumstances on my Mac the Identity Panel is always useable.

Although, the uninstaller asks if you want to remove all files and preferences Adobe is notorious for leaving all sorts of files behind when it leaves, and it may be one of these that is the problem.

As my Mac is Intel based and works as expected it could be a bug in the 'Apple Silicon' version of the software only.  It may be worth looking on the Adobe Community to see if others are having the same problem and if not report it anyway as someone may have had a similar problem and knows the solution.

Hope that's of some help.

Hi Bob

Many, many thanks for taking the trouble to respond as your answer has provided me with an easy 'workaround'. As mentioned in my original post I could get the Identity Plate to work in either 'Picture Package' or 'Custom Package' but I couldn't figure out how then to import the image. Of course, you provided me with the one obvious way which I hadn't even thought of; simply to drag the image from the filmstrip.

Thanks again and best regards.

Tom

• Thanks 1