Which non-Leica Ultra Fast 50 is your favorite?

Laharrier

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have to also cast my vote for the 50 1.2 Nokton. It came with my purchase of  M240 and initially I was going to sell it to recoup some cost. However, the seller showed me some pictures he took with this lens and I was amazed. It is a really wonderful lens, with great sharpness and great bokeh. I've taken many pictures with that lens.

My other vote in the more classic side of things would be the 5cm 1.4 Nikkor in LTM. that was one of my first lenses and it's quite the character wide open. A nice glow to highlights but not overbearing. Moderately sharp at 1.4,  but greatly increases sharpness at f2 and beyond. Personally I've never noticed any focus shift, but I've used it only on film so it may not be nearly as apparent. But it's tiny for a 1.4 lens, it's got hard coatings, and it focuses down to 1.5 feet,  with an indent at 3 feet to mark the end of the rangefinder. I'll never get rid of that lens. 

• Like 2