Which is more beautiful?

The first Leica M camera, that I handled, was a Black Paint MP, and it planted the original seed. So, I reckon that I am biased, when I choose Black Paint MP, for this poll. (When I eventually added the M system, it was digital, however, an M10, in April 2018.)

• Like 1

I bought a Black Paint MP but did not like the look so traded it for a silver chrome MP3. Strangely I think that the early Barnack Leicas look fantastic in black (and the war time IIIc in grey even better) but I can't take to Black Paint Ms. It's a good job we are all different. So my choice would be the Black Chrome M-A.

Edited by Matlock

I have loved my black paint MP for 8-years now and the gradual character it reveals a little more each year. I would not change a thing. However, when I got in line for an M-A, I requested silver. There is something missing in the black chrome for me, personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham (G4FUJ) said:

Does it matter?

They are cameras - go out and take photos!

Well said 😁.

This thing was important when I had one M,

but now I do have more than one in different finishes, so it's more productive/satisfaction using them than looking at them.

Once I had those "tools" ( now less one ! )

They are all beautiful tools.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Graham (G4FUJ) said:

Does it matter?

They are cameras - go out and take photos!

Life also happens between shots. Given the impermanence of all things on a cosmic timescale, one could argue any part of photography that brings you joy is worth considering.

15 hours ago, kivis said:

Black Chrome M-A?

or a Black Paint MP?

They are both works of art in and of themselves.

Given Leica has stopped using black chrome on the digital M series due to environmental concerns, the black chrome M-A may be nearing the end of production. Snap up a black chrome M-A and matching 50 Lux BC while you still can.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hdmesa said:

Life also happens between shots. Given the impermanence of all things on a cosmic timescale, one could argue any part of photography that brings you joy is worth considering.

If you want to go all Buddhist you should say that all and any aspect of photography can only bring suffering as impermanence - on any scale - is their essence. Joy is achieved by letting go of such things.

However being stuck in Samsara, Karm(er)a led me to a black paint MP.

Edited by ianman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I bought a black paint MP ALC as my 50th Birthday present to myself and my "all time camera".

I sold it to a friend to help finance the purchase of a M240.

I still think that a black paint camera, when it starts to brass and show that it has been used and loved, is a beautiful thing.

• Like 3