35mm Summilux ASPH pre-FLE

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, mcpallesen said:

Small side track 😊 Anyone have experience with 35mm Summicron V3 on M10 Monochrom? I’m considering adding that one instead. 😆

When you have the lens (I have no doubt you will ! ), you will see by yourself that this gem (v2/3) is one to have for it's very robust built and small/light/solid

never need to be frequently repaired (like version IV King of Nothing...)

this ?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

or this ? from our Wiki ...

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

When you have the lens (I have no doubt you will ! ), you will see by yourself that this gem (v2/3) is one to have for it's very robust built and small/light/solid

never need to be frequently repaired (like version IV King of Nothing...)

this ?

or this ? from our Wiki ...

Thanks @a.noctilux, so you think it's worth getting? 🙂 And how is rendering compared to 35mm Summicron ASPH? 

47 minutes ago, mcpallesen said:

Thanks @a.noctilux, so you think it's worth getting? 🙂 And how is rendering compared to 35mm Summicron ASPH? 

Everybody (well almost) knows that I was fan of the first Summicron-M asph. 35mm after using pre-asph "same lens" for decades.

Those pre-asph. are "normal" lenses while the asph. was "so better" that I had three in different colors for many years.

Now I have none ( asph. Cron 35 ) as I don't need "better" 35mm Summicron-M than those pre-asph. "I" to "IV".

For that "better cases" I use 35mm Summilux-M asph. "I" which is of course heavier bigger but not so.

My prefered "outsider" 35mm now is Summarit-M 2.5/35mm which has "what I want/need" even if I do keep around other 35mm, I don't know how many 🤒.

Edited by a.noctilux

23 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

Everybody (well almost) knows that I was fan of the first Summicron-M asph. 35mm after using pre-asph "same lens" for decades.

Those pre-asph. are "normal" lenses while the asph. was "so better" that I had three in different colors for many years.

Now I have none ( asph. Cron 35 ) as I don't need "better" 35mm Summicron-M than those pre-asph. "I" to "IV".

For that "better cases" I use 35mm Summilux-M asph. "I" which is of course heavier bigger but not so.

My prefered "outsider" 35mm now is Summarit-M 2.5/35mm which has "what I want/need" even if I do keep around other 35mm, I don't know how many 🤒.

Got it @a.noctilux. My conundrum is, that I currently have the 35mm Summicron ASPH. v1 Silver chrome (which I really like), but would like one more 35mm lens for when I want to have a 35mm lens mounted on BOTH my M10-R and (arriving this week) M10Mono. 

So, should I just get "an extra" 35mm Summicron ASPH., or instead add an older Summicron (like the v3) or the 35mm Summilux ASPH. pre-FLE (here I'm worried about size and weight as an everyday lens, given I would pick the silver chrome (brass) version - as I love these all brass lenses in feel).

Thoughts/advice?

Edited by mcpallesen

Sorry I can not help more.

Two (or more ...) paths to begin :

- if you like the Cron asph. just buy second one

- if you want something else, another 35mm can't hurt

trying a selected M lenses cost small amount of hardly earn money.

Buy/sell is not that hard, not expensive ( for me of course ) comparing to other brands.

I had "same" Summicron-M asph. 35mm in black, silver, titanium coated then sold them at no owner cost after years of use.

Edited by a.noctilux

On 8/17/2022 at 4:05 PM, a.noctilux said:

Sorry I can not help more.

Two (or more ...) paths to begin :

- if you like the Cron asph. just buy second one

- if you want something else, another 35mm can't hurt

trying a selected M lenses cost small amount of hardly earn money.

Buy/sell is not that hard, not expensive ( for me of course ) comparing to other brands.

I had "same" Summicron-M asph. 35mm in black, silver, titanium coated then sold them at no owner cost after years of use.

Got a 35mm Summicron V.III yesterday. Must say I’m loving it so far on the M10Mono. Sharp where it needs to be, but with a slightly more organic and less hard edged look than ASPH. lenses. Great for timeless B/W photography.

Looking to see how it treats color as well. 😊