Advice on an Online Portfolio

Why not start your own website? I use  a Photium templatè. My link below will take you to one of my news items and my site has a link to the host site. Help is remarkable. If you have any material you do not wish the world to see, you can set  password control to protect it. PM me if you need any specific advice.

Edited by wda
  • Like 1

In the even more distant past I used Apple's iTools which had a very handy gallery function - but they canned that.

Then I moved to Flickr - but they limited the free function and added all sorts of complexity.

Then I moved to building my own web site which was quite easily done with Rapidweaver but web tech moves so rapidly that every time I opened my site to add to it there was a plethora of updates to the app and/or its plug-ins, and every OS update required updating the app.

So now I just export every "roll" of photos to a Dropbox folder and share the link. 

• Like 1

If you have a Adobe PS/LR subscription you find everything you need in their package under online tools. For sharing photos you even do not need to upload them if you take them from albums which are CC synchronized. Individual portfolios like this one are build with Adobe Express (formerly called Spark). And my website is build with Adobe Portfolio where I easily embedd the individual portfolios. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 minutes ago, hofo100 said:

If you have a Adobe PS/LR subscription you find everything you need in their package under online tools. For sharing photos you even do not need to upload them if you take them from albums which are CC synchronized. Individual portfolios like this one are build with Adobe Express (formerly called Spark). And my website is build with Adobe Portfolio where I easily embedd the individual portfolios. 

Thanks very much, I do have Lightroom but hadn't looked at Portfolio. I had a play last night and it is indeed very easy to sync Collections from LR Classic and then automatically create pages from within Portfolio. Even re-synching them when you edit or add photos to the Collections in LRc is pretty slick.

Looking at your Portfolio website I'm very impressed with how good you have made it look. It really is impressive, and I think I have a lot to learn. The content is also fantastic. Being from Scotland I love your images from around Glencoe. Very inspiring.

So, I think Portfolio is the way to go for me.

• Thanks 1