CL - The Image Thread

with 11-23 mm lens

at 11 mm F8 iso 100

L1020043-XL.jpg

13 mm F 8 iso 100

L1020040-XL.jpg

Very nice shots, Tony. You finally got yours, but I am still waiting! Mine has been shipped few days ago, but still in transit!

BTW, did you figure out what flash you are going to use on CL? I hope we can use the small Metz that we talked about before?

Edited by Louis

And a 100% crop

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Wow.

Vikas, I was surprised to see all the spikes on this thingy’s legs. I couldn’t see them with my naked eyes.

I guess it’s a testament to how good the SL 90-280 zoom, and CL is.

It’s a nice combo however it’s a bit awkward to handle — carry by the lens body, etc.

I do not mind as I bought the CL to extend the reach of this particular lens compared to the SL but I’m sure not everyone will like it.

Edited by meerec
  • Like 1

Vikas, I was surprised to see all the spikes on this thingy’s legs. I couldn’t see them with my naked eyes.

I guess it’s a testament to how good the SL 90-280 zoom, and CL is.

It’s a nice combo however it’s a bit awkward to handle — carry by the lens body, etc.

I do not mind as I bought the CL to extend the reach of this particular lens compared to the SL but I’m sure not everyone will like it.

That is a lens I'm not planning to buy so I don't think handling it is a problem I'm going to have but that is quite a remarkable result!

I waiting impatiently for Christmas Day so that I'm officially allowed to start using my Christmas present.  I had a much looser interpretation of the temporal dimensions of Christmas when my wife offered to get it as a Christmas present :-|

- Vikas

• Like 1

Testing the CL with the Canon 50/0.95. 

• Like 12

I waiting impatiently for Christmas Day so that I'm officially allowed to start using my Christmas present.  I had a much looser interpretation of the temporal dimensions of Christmas when my wife offered to get it as a Christmas present :-|

- Vikas

LOL

Playing... CL + Voigtländer Super-Heliar 15mm vIII.

• Like 13

Here is the first of a couple of pics taken today, a cold cloudy day in Rochester, from the High Falls bridge.  Both were taken with the CL and the TL 35 f1.4.  I love that lens!

Ed

• Like 2

Here is the second, a view of the Falls themselves!

• Like 3

Very nice shots, Tony. You finally got yours, but I am still waiting! Mine has been shipped few days ago, but still in transit!

BTW, did you figure out what flash you are going to use on CL? I hope we can use the small Metz that we talked about before?

This was the demo CL at the Leica store,not mine, I decided to cancel my preorder from B&H which had the 18-58 mm kit lens, I am on wait list for body with the store, I prefer the 11-23 mm lens...the flash is an issue and asked the Leica store salesman and all he can offer is Nissim 40, a reather large flash for this camera, in another post I mentioned that I like the Sony A6000 as a good walk aorund because of the samll pop up flash which is very handy ate get togethers and family dinners.

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279288-leica-cl-vs-sony-a6000-6300-6500/

• Like 1

Santa's early visit!

Thanks, dear Santa, for not making me wait too long this year.

This camera looks really nice, but as I just received it today, I still have to learn about the settings. My very first impression was the size. I find it a little too small. If I can recall, 109 was just a little smaller.

This is my very first shot with CL. 

CL + 18-56

attachicon.gifL1000001b.jpg

Beautiful color Louis. I told you it is on the small size, but it is easier to make something small large than the other way around. I am thinking of getting the half case to add a bit of size and grip. I look forward to your images and your views on the CL.

• Like 1

Beautiful color Louis. I told you it is on the small size, but it is easier to make something small large than the other way around. I am thinking of getting the half case to add a bit of size and grip. I look forward to your images and your views on the CL.

Thank you very much, Kostas. It is, indeed, very small. It reminds me a little of 109. But I guess I will get used to it.

I like the Angelo Pelle half cases very much. They are beautiful with really nice leather. He was complaining that Leica is not sending him a CL, so he could start working for a case. I just sent him an email and told him to start working on it as soon as he can, so I will get a case from him. ;-)

• Like 1

Santa's early visit!

Thanks, dear Santa, for not making me wait too long this year.

This camera looks really nice, but as I just received it today, I still have to learn about the settings. My very first impression was the size. I find it a little too small. If I can recall, 109 was just a little smaller.

This is my very first shot with CL. 

CL + 18-56

attachicon.gifL1000001b.jpg

Nice.  I was wondering when you'd get your hands on one!

Yes it does feel strangely smaller than the T series.

- Vikas

• Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to CL - The Image Thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic