CL - The Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

well, for me as I have almost stopped photographing due to heavy workload, I needed a new kick to turn back to my hobby. And since I own the M240, the M10 was no option. I also owned a Q which sold and bought again. Early this year I sold it since I was lustig for a 28 f/1.4

Today the CL kit arrived with the 18mm lens.

After finishing my work I had a short walk through our Christmas decorated city.

The interesting thing is the excellent color rendering and the dynamic range. Compared to my Q or M cameras the CL proved to perform at its best. And also for black and white I think the camera is pretty usable. I have taken only a mere 20 shots and share them with you.

I am really delighted at first glance! I hope to find some more time to test this really fascinating tool.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

f/2.8 @1/50sec - ISO 4000

• Like 12

ISO 4000 f/2.8 @ 1/50sec.

Edited by schmolinski
  • Like 17

ISO 2500 f/2.8 @ 1/50sec.

Edited by schmolinski
  • Like 14

Hello,

well, for me as I have almost stopped photographing due to heavy workload, I needed a new kick to turn back to my hobby. And since I own the M240, the M10 was no option. I also owned a Q which sold and bought again. Early this year I sold it since I was lustig for a 28 f/1.4

After finishing my work I had a short walk through our Christmas decorated city.

The interesting thing is the excellent color rendering and the dynamic range. Compared to my Q or M cameras the CL proved to perform at its best. And also for black and white I think the camera is pretty usable. I have taken only a mere 20 shots and share them with you.

I am really delighted at first glance! I hope to find some more time to test this really fascinating tool.

attachicon.gifL1000006.jpg

f/2.8 @1/50sec - ISO 4000

I agree with you, I have been very impressed with the colour rendering at high iso. For example your images show very nice colour at iso 4000 and demonstrate that.

• Like 1

Hello,

That's a beautiful set of pictures.  Thank you.

- Vikas

• Like 1

its the leica anodized Red look ;)

Yes! The red fringed right off the edge of the lens.

- Vikas

Edited by vikasmg
  • Like 1

Good to see more images taken with the CL now it is getting out into the wild.

CL+60mm. Queens' College, Cambridge. As I mentioned in another thread, the CL failed to lock focus on the windows with spot or field, but managed it with multi-field. The original shot was much contrastier than this, with no visible detail on the wall. Moments later it had no trouble focusing on lights reflected in rippling water.

• Like 2

I put some of my very first pictures of CL and TL18/2.8 lens into the german part of the forum. Because they are too much to store them into this thread, too, here is the link:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279532-meine-ersten-gehversuche-mit-dem-1828/

Its in German, but to every photo I wrote the adjustments of the camera.

All photos are jpegs sooc, only some smaller for the forum software.

• Like 4

SL 90-280 lens @280 ISO 32,000

high ISO still usable

Yes, indeed. Actually, I ran a quick high-ISO test with the TL2, SL, M246, and Nikon D500 and D5. The conclusion was that TL2 was on par with or better than D500 at high ISO. A comparison at ISO12500 is attached, displaying crops from the five bodies. You likely have to download the pdf to see the difference, but in essence D5 and M246 show less noise than the SL; and TL2 shows less noise than D500. Since CL has the same sensor as TL2, I expect the high-ISO characteristics of the CL to be similar to that of the TL2 (therefore the comment here on the CL thread). 

Edited by helged
  • Like 2

And for the curiosity, here is the comparison at ISO 25000 (look at the beautiful rendering of the M246 sensor!).

Edited by helged
  • Like 4

I put some of my very first pictures of CL and TL18/2.8 lens into the german part of the forum. Because they are too much to store them into this thread, too, here is the link:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279532-meine-ersten-gehversuche-mit-dem-1828/

Its in German, but to every photo I wrote the adjustments of the camera.

All photos are jpegs sooc, only some smaller for the forum software.

Thank you - one of the best series of CL images so far!

- Vikas

• Like 1

Here is a shot at night.  CL with 23mm Summicron-T @ f2.

12500ISO.

I shot for B&W but thought it would be interesting to show the shot colour.  I think the high ISO is on par if not better then my M10.  Very natural, film like grain.

• Like 10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/meerec/shares/h25p4H

Here is a bunch of pics from my backyard today. CLICK through the link above.

3 shot with Summicron-M 50 and 9 shot with SL 90-280 zoom.

Enjoy.

Here is one of them: Leica colours -- Australian natives look so good ...

38003575125_c6d616eab8_c.jpg

Edited by meerec
  • Like 13

I'm liking the look of this camera (it's rare for me to like digital cameras these days) and many of the images from it I'm seeing here, so I'm gonna take a look at one as soon as I get the chance (which will probably be after Christmas). I'm hoping the menu interface is minimal and the crazy overblown reds can be tamed. (Not in any hurry to buy at the moment).

• jaapv changed the title to CL - The Image Thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic