SL2 and Sigma 150-600 DG DN OS SPORT DOUBTS

angeche

12 hours ago, jaapv said:

You can update and adjust the lens using Sigma's USB adapter.

But does the high rate shooting of the SL2 work with the lens for other users of the combo? Is there a software update for the lens? I cannot find it

I cannot tell you that. It does on my S5.

I did update mine but that was with the adapter software. I have no idea of version numbers nor did I find any difference in function. Sigma should be able to answer your questions. 

Just to add if your issue is that the the AFC tracking doesn't keep focus locked in the highest frame settings on the SL2 it's because that is common to all lenses, not just the Sigma 150-600. For continuous AF/Tracking to work you need to be in the medium continuous setting and I'd advise using the electronic shutter with long telephoto's. You can use the highest at 20fps but only the first frame will lock focus.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, SJH said:

Just to add if your issue is that the the AFC tracking doesn't keep focus locked in the highest frame settings on the SL2 it's because that is common to all lenses, not just the Sigma 150-600. For continuous AF/Tracking to work you need to be in the medium continuous setting and I'd advise using the electronic shutter with long telephoto's. You can use the highest at 20fps but only the first frame will lock focus.

And if you switch the AF to focus tracking?

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

And if you switch the AF to focus tracking?

Same thing I think i.e. if you want the AF to continuously focus you need Medium Continuous otherwise it only sets focus for the first frame in the burst e.g. at 20fps.

• Thanks 1