How real is 'sellers remorse' with a Q2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

UPDATE: So after posting this and getting all the expected replies that confirmed my deepest suspicion, and then even after watching the Red Dot Forum (Leica Store Miami) video on YT on the Q system, and hearing that it was the most repurchased camera in their store. I WENT AHEAD AND SOLD MY Q2 😮😮😮

>

>

>

>

>

>

> and then promptly ordered a Q2 Reporter (as my keeper) 😄😄😄. Be warned!!

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Kim Dahl said:

Hi What is BBF ? 🙂

Back button focusing: completely move focus functionality from the shutter button to a different (rear) button. 
AFAIK, Q2 is the only serious camera that does not support it.

It’s my pet peeve 😄.

When I'm shooting with my Q2M, I think it's the greatest camera I've ever owned -- until I pick up my SL2 with the 35mm f2 APO Summicron SL, then I think that's the greatest camera I've ever held.  Here's the problem -- no matter which Leica you are using, you will be ecstatic with the images you create!  So, here's my suggestion: figure out what will make you happy, buy/use that, and enjoy life!  ;0) 

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thinking about my entry into Leica, the digilux 2 (I know, just rebranded pana) I always was sorry having a really great lens on a body that I cannot upgrade. I decided to never do this mistake again and always buy interchangeable body/lens combinations. Really dug into the M system. But due to health issues I need autofocus now and bought a L-system S5. Not happy with the weight and size of the LUMIX, now I look very sincerely onto the q2. How long do you think will the body hold on to newer technology until you think it’s getting old? Maybe if it is sooooo great, I just keep it for the next 10 years?

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 3:22 AM, filzer said:

How long do you think will the body hold on to newer technology until you think it’s getting old? Maybe if it is sooooo great, I just keep it for the next 10 years?

Isn't this all very subjective? There are people who rave about shooting at ISO 25,000 with little noise using SL2-S and I also know others who still churn out stellar work using old Sony A850 with a very dated sensor. For some Q2 is old already and they are waiting for the Q3.

Edited by ravinj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:37 AM, SrMi said:

Back button focusing: completely move focus functionality from the shutter button to a different (rear) button. 
AFAIK, Q2 is the only serious camera that does not support it.

It’s my pet peeve 😄.

according to the manual you can assign to the zoom lock button in picture settings either focus lock, or exposure lock, or both, but you have to hold that button in while you recompose, or whatever. 

seems to not really be a "lock" but a hold but... BBF

1 hour ago, timplog said:

according to the manual you can assign to the zoom lock button in picture settings either focus lock, or exposure lock, or both, but you have to hold that button in while you recompose, or whatever. 

seems to not really be a "lock" but a hold but... BBF

BBF means that focusing is completely removed from shutter button and occurs only while pressing the rear button. That is not possible with Q2.