How real is 'sellers remorse' with a Q2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been wrestling big time with selling my Q2, to fund an SL2-S (or SL2-S Reporter if the rumours are true). Note I have an SL601 and a few non Leica lenses already.

I've had it listed for sale then removed it, had it all boxed up and put away, only to watch YouTube videos and read comments on here, and also viewing the amazing images on the Images thread, and then I get it out again and use it.

Maybe I'm just not ready to let go????

What are everyone else's experiences?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Best answer for this is to unbox the camera and shoot it ... not for a day ... but every day for a month.

If you think there is a better camera for your needs at that point ....

There are many good reasons to keep both a Q2 and SL2-S in the stable - shared operational elements yet very different weight and portability. Assuming you are planning to sell the SL601 towards the purchase. Maybe that plus the recently announced Leica promotion will make it work for you.

• Like 1

Initially bought a Q2, nitpicked the image ((some corner distortion)- also not as flexible as a zoom-lens-equipped camera) returned it, then missed it more than I expected (size, joy of use, flexibility, image “look”). Then bought the Q2 reporter. I’m really enjoying it, now that I know what to realistically expect.   For me, two cameras are nice, one zoom-equipped, and the Q2. The Q2 is satisfying and compelling in  unique ways. Haven’t used the zoom lens equipped camera much lately. 

• Like 2

I’ve been down that road before.  I bought a Q2 new, didn’t quite get on with it and sold it to fund a deal on an SL and CL.  Cut to the Q2M, which was an awesome companion to my absolutely favorite, most-used digital camera - the M10 Monochrom.  After shooting with the Q2M for over 6 months, and a short affair with a Fuji X100V as a compact color carry, I sold the Fuji and grabbed an insane deal on a beat up Q2 from the local Leica store.  I don’t think I’ll trade this one away anytime soon; I don’t often shoot color but when I have it’s kicked out some really great images. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil1066 said:

Yeah, even then I'd probably not take the Q3 if it had a b'Jillion megapixel sensor.....

I am hoping the Q3 will  have better image quality at higher ISO settings.  

As for megapixels, 47.3 mp is adequate for most applications; I could live with a 60 mp BSI sensor like the M11 has.  Beyond 60 mp seems pointless, given that the majority of photographers these days no longer make prints. 

Let's hope that Leica is smart enough to not get sucked into the "mine's bigger than yours" contest that other camera makers insist on playing.

Thanks all. Apart from @jonoslack who didnt have a choice 😄 I'd say I made the right call for now to keep my Q2. Yes I know its SH value will decrease with the Q3 coming along (next year) but that's life and I know I'm doing myself a favour really, by not causing myself mental harm in selling it haha

• Like 1