35mm Summaron f/2.8 goggle screws

ocie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I removed the goggles from my 35mm Summaron f/2.8 to test on my Sony A7iii, and somehow I misplaced the screws. I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have any information about what screws these might be and where I might be able to get some?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome to the forum. @jerzycan probably advise  thread type and size. You will probably find on E-bay. I buy very small (1mm>)  ss metric set screws for modelling that way. They come from China and take a few days. You will also need to know if slot or cross head. Good luck.

Edited by pedaes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a bit late, but you don't need to remove the goggles to mount the 2.8 Summaron on an A7iii. If you have a LM-SonyE adapter of the helicoid ("close focus") type, you can extend the helicoid (most of them seem to give you about 1/2 cm) just enough for the goggles to clear the camera's handgrip while mounting it. Then you can retract the helicoid extension again. 

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IY9U59E - which is the most mechanically stable one I've found so far, including the more expensive ones.

This unfortunately only works up to the A7iii or Riii, as the newer bodies have a slightly larger handgrip that prevents it. There may be a LM-E adapter with more extension but I haven't seen one and I doubt it would be mechanically stable enough anyway.

I actually kind of like the 2.8 Summaron on the Sony. It's a very nice lens, and while the corners may suffer a bit due to the wide angle it still looks great.

As for the screws, maybe try Metricscrews.us:

https://www.metricscrews.us/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98_298_302

Edited by qqphot

20 hours ago, jerzy said:

not sure about this model. But most probably they are M1,7x5mm,  slot. Not easy to get...

Thank you. I went to my local hardware store and they had M2x4mm. The M2 seemed to work perfectly except that it was short. I believe the M2x5mm will be the one. They did not have M1.7, but M1.5 was too small.

10 hours ago, qqphot said:

This is a bit late, but you don't need to remove the goggles to mount the 2.8 Summaron on an A7iii. If you have a LM-SonyE adapter of the helicoid ("close focus") type, you can extend the helicoid (most of them seem to give you about 1/2 cm) just enough for the goggles to clear the camera's handgrip while mounting it. Then you can retract the helicoid extension again. 

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IY9U59E - which is the most mechanically stable one I've found so far, including the more expensive ones.

This unfortunately only works up to the A7iii or Riii, as the newer bodies have a slightly larger handgrip that prevents it. There may be a LM-E adapter with more extension but I haven't seen one and I doubt it would be mechanically stable enough anyway.

I actually kind of like the 2.8 Summaron on the Sony. It's a very nice lens, and while the corners may suffer a bit due to the wide angle it still looks great.

As for the screws, maybe try Metricscrews.us:

https://www.metricscrews.us/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98_298_302

Thanks for the info - wish I had realized that! And thanks for the link, I'll use that site. If you look up in this message you'll see I think it's M2x4mm.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb ocie:

The M2 seemed to work perfectly

if M2 fits then no need to check other threads. Googles for 35mm Summaron have M1,7 therefore I assumed yours have it as well. It is much easier to find M2 and I am sure you will find appropriate length