My new M11 is bricked... Leica Spain

Antonio Russell

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, lldd said:

There is a 58 page (and still growing) thread on this and other issues near the top of the M11 section on this forum.  Issue continues to this day, even after the latest firmware (1.61) designed to resolve the issue. 

To be fair, bricked != frozen. The latter can be fixed by poping out the battery. I haven’t heard of any brickage in the recent months. 

30 minutes ago, lldd said:

There is a 58 page (and still growing) thread on this and other issues near the top of the M11 section on this forum.  Issue continues to this day, even after the latest firmware (1.61) designed to resolve the issue. 

Your statement is false. There is no post regarding freezes after 1.61. Possibly because it’s new. But accuracy matters.

1 minute ago, Jipster said:

Your statement is false. There is no post regarding freezes after 1.61. Possibly because it’s new. But accuracy matters.

Hum have you read this? (comment 1147 and after)

Edited by Qlan

9 minutes ago, Jipster said:

Yes, accuracy does matter.  Perhaps you should read the last couple of pages of that thread.  Just for accuracy's sake.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2022 at 1:34 AM, Antonio Russell said:

Unfortunately my M11, has become unresponsive after just 30 days. Red LED stays on when you turn on the camera but the display dos not come on and the camera is not responsive... I am obvously very disappointed given the cost of the camera that this should happend. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? I have contacted Leica Spain and they are not helpfull (the suggest sending the camera to Weltzat for 1 month!!). I beleive that if they cannot replace the camera then they should at least provide a refund. 

Hi Antonio... have you sent the camera to Wetzlar ?

I'm sending my m11 today ... same problem.

It still works .. but at a random time it bricks .. and I have to remove and insert the battery

I installed the last firmware, follow all the instructions... use only internal memory.. but it still happens sometimes 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have not had my M11 since November... They said the Service Line is Insanely Long and I wont get my Camera until May 19 at least. All this for the Leather Swap/Engraving and OVF Calibration as I shoot 75 to 135mm a lot. I usually use my EVF but went to a Friends Oryx Farm and all the Images were out of Focus since I Lent him my EVF and shot with OVF alone. I have also sent my M10M and M10D at the Same Time for the Same Reasons and got them back 3 Months After. I'm starting to Develop a Conspiracy Theory that my M11 got bricked while there Lol. No but in all seriousness Germany should Up there Repairs Department because the TimeLine is absurd. Oh and when I asked for my Camera back without Engraving and Leather Swap I was told that the OVF is what is taking long.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:25 PM, leif posegger said:

Hi Antonio... have you sent the camera to Wetzlar ?

I'm sending my m11 today ... same problem.

It still works .. but at a random time it bricks .. and I have to remove and insert the battery

I installed the last firmware, follow all the instructions... use only internal memory.. but it still happens sometimes 

Hi, yes: Leica eventually provided a replacemnet camera which has overall been good although have had a few freezes here and there-  but no more bricking.

6 hours ago, Antonio Russell said:

Hi, yes: Leica eventually provided a replacemnet camera which has overall been good although have had a few freezes here and there-  but no more bricking.

Same for me: I received a new M11 from Leica. The camera works well overall, I had a freeze two or three times in eight months , but it never went bricked. Cross fingers...

• Like 1