My new M11 is bricked... Leica Spain

Antonio Russell

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, lct said:

Sorry to be old but as i told you before i find SL cameras too bulky for my tastes so i chose Kolari mod Sony cameras instead. Anyway neither SL nor Sony cameras are rangefinders. Is it so difficult to comprehend or are you trolling me?

It’s enough already. I asked you to stop this insanity. Just stop replying to me. Let it go. 

15 hours ago, Qlan said:

Another reason to want an integrated EVF is for people with glasses (like me) who want to shoot 28mm and below (the 35mm frame lines are barely fully visible).

I would upgrade from the M11 to the M12 in a heartbeat if it has an integrated EVF (while still having the option to use the RF) and/or IBIS (for other reasons mentioned in this thread). Having both of them would be the cherry on top. I'm ready to pay a significant price increase for those 2 features.

I can also barely see 35mm with my glasses in the rangefinder, and I use Visoflex for anything wider than 35mm. 
The Visoflex may be a better solution than an integrated EVF: the view is likely larger than an integrated would be (the size of the rangefinder), and it tilts.
What do you dislike about the Visoflex solution? If you integrate EVF, there is no space for optical RF. At current state of technology, a hybrid solution seems not to be possible (rangefinder quality issues).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lct said:

Another possibility would be an EVF-M sans rangefinder to complement, not replace, the M12 but Leica seems reluctant for now. 

I think this, once Leica feels the technology and execution is ‘M-worthy’. And likely after the next generation SL is well established and received.  But who knows with Leica.

Jeff

34 minutes ago, Chimichurri said:

It’s enough already. I asked you to stop this insanity. Just stop replying to me. Let it go. 

There is an ignore feature for that. I don't like it much personally. I prefer replying if i can although i must say that your tone is not encouraging to say the least. 

3 hours ago, SrMi said:

I can also barely see 35mm with my glasses in the rangefinder, and I use Visoflex for anything wider than 35mm. 
The Visoflex may be a better solution than an integrated EVF: the view is likely larger than an integrated would be (the size of the rangefinder), and it tilts.
What do you dislike about the Visoflex solution? If you integrate EVF, there is no space for optical RF. At current state of technology, a hybrid solution seems not to be possible (rangefinder quality issues).

I got into the Leica ecosystem because I wanted top image quality AND very compact form factor. I also use a thumb grip. The Visoflex is quite bulky and with it mounted, the camera won't fit in my (very compact) bag. Also I won't be able to use the thumb grip. I'll probably end up getting the Visoflex at some point but I can live without for now. But if I can only choose one between an EVF and IBIS, I would definitely choose IBIS.

Edited by Qlan

42 minutes ago, Qlan said:

I got into the Leica ecosystem because I wanted top image quality AND very compact form factor. I also use a thumb grip. The Visoflex is quite bulky and with it mounted, the camera won't fit in my (very compact) bag. Also I won't be able to use the thumb grip. I'll probably end up getting the Visoflex at some point but I can live without for now. But if I can only choose one between an EVF and IBIS, I would definitely choose IBIS.

The M11, with a mounted Visoflex, feels less nice than an M camera alone. However, it is still quite compact.
FWIW, the M11 with mounted Visoflex (+2 lenses) fits nicely in the small PeakDesign Everyday Sling 6L.

3 hours ago, Qlan said:

I got into the Leica ecosystem because I wanted top image quality AND very compact form factor. I also use a thumb grip. The Visoflex is quite bulky and with it mounted, the camera won't fit in my (very compact) bag. Also I won't be able to use the thumb grip....

You're going to need a bigger bag........... 😉

Interesting, I was thrilled with the improved Visoflex for the M11 and it drew me back to the M as my main camera system (away from the SL). Yet oddly, since being drawn back in I’m hardly using the Viso and 99% of the time sticking to the rangefinder! Nonetheless, it’s very nice to have the option. 

4 hours ago, Qlan said:

I got into the Leica ecosystem because I wanted top image quality AND very compact form factor. I also use a thumb grip. The Visoflex is quite bulky and with it mounted, the camera won't fit in my (very compact) bag. Also I won't be able to use the thumb grip.

Was a concern to me as i need a thumb rest with digital Ms and i'm wary of adhesive accessories but i ended up buying a Thumbie and it works fine on the M11 i must say. Only cons its black paint peels off so easily that i ended up removing it completely. Ugliness is in the eye...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2 hours ago, lct said:

Was a concern to me as i need a thumb rest with digital Ms and i'm wary of adhesive accessories but i ended up buying a Thumbie and it works fine on the M11 i must say. Only cons its black paint peels off so easily that i ended up removing it completely. Ugliness is in the eye...

I used to have the thumbie, but somehow it wasnt felt solid? Like shaky the least so back with thumbs up

the visoflex 2 is great, love its squerish compared to viso 020, bought purposely to replace the latter now use on m10 r when needed

11 hours ago, jakontil said:

I used to have the thumbie, but somehow it wasnt felt solid? Like shaky the least so back with thumbs up

the visoflex 2 is great, love its squerish compared to viso 020, bought purposely to replace the latter now use on m10 r when needed

I use the Thumbie on M11 for a few months, maybe I didn't apply the glue 3M correctly I was moving more then when I had it on M10p.

I was worried about the right pit scratching the M11 paint, but when I took it off and cleaned the glue the M11 was clean with no rubbing or scratcher.

I don't have any more glue strips to try again.

2 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

I use the Thumbie on M11 for a few months, maybe I didn't apply the glue 3M correctly I was moving more then when I had it on M10p.

I was worried about the right pit scratching the M11 paint, but when I took it off and cleaned the glue the M11 was clean with no rubbing or scratcher.

Now i remember, the place i live is humid, somehow effects the glue

nice though if we have a built in thumb grip like m10d to keep the hotshoe free

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2022 at 2:55 PM, Photoworks said:

You can buy it all over the place. It is the 3M stuff that is used to stick car badges on. 

My China made batteries would work fine with UHS-I but not UHS-II cards then? Reminds me of card issues on my M240. Startup times depending on card formats, fast with old SD cards but sluggish with SDHC ones. I don't want to sound negative but i keep the same feeling since the seventies more or less. Great optics, brilliant mechanics but mediocre electronics. Leica were helped by Japanese brands in the past and still are today, but for the M system seems like they want to go it alone like the big boys. One can see the result. Genius cameras handicapped by electronic shortcomings. Suffice it to look at the amateurish Leica website to guess where the problem may come from. Ask for help in areas you are not good at, guys, there's no shame in that. End of rant and merry Xmas to all 🎅.

Edited by lct
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1