My first credentialed sporting event...1985, Leica R3 with Ilford HP5

FoleyAMG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Epic find today...this image (baseball) was taken during a UMASS-Amherst home baseball game...this was my very first college sport I ever photographed, on assignment...it was 1985, and I was 15 years old.  This discovery is part of my on-going project of reviewing and organizing several thousand 35mm slides, 120mm slide strips and many 35mm rolls of B&W negative strips from the many years of photography...

My first credentialed sporting event ever...

This was shot with my (back then) workhorse Leica R3 with Ilford HP5 Black and White film...my first camera of a Pentax K1000, I guess I showed enough promise as my Dad found me a 2nd hand R3.  My Dad owned a camera store back then, he was a Leica M and R shooter and with his relationship with Leica, I benefitted greatly of trying out different camera/lens combos... 

Thinking this was either my 90mm or my Leica 135mm as those were my two lenses I owned...

I remember spending hours in the darkroom with my Dad, who was a professional photographer and owner of a Tripod Camera in Amherst, MA as I said above...

On a similar note, the football shot was taken in the same year, was on my Dad's R4 with the 280 F2.8 (I loved that lens)...taken on Kodak Ektachrome slide 

Anyways, thought I would share...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Thanks Graham,

I remember after the game going into the darkroom with my Dad to develop my film and select five images to print and deliver back to the University media team...I also printed one 11x14 for my bedroom wall...I kept that print with me for many many years...it was one of my favorite images, for the reason above.

• Like 1