Leica M11 Firmware Update 1.5.0.1

LUF Admin

Does this bug fix address the message “File Unreadable” on the rear screen which occurs if a RAW file is imported and edited (but not saved back onto the card) using Adobe Photoshop?

Equipment used, latest MacBook Pro 16 in machine card reader, Adobe latest version.

After the message my M11 needed to be switched on and off again to get it to take a shot.  The card was new is high quality 130 mb/s and was formatted in camera.  

I mention the above points as I don’t skimp on equipment and my original M11 had to be replaced by Leica Manchester as a result of the dreaded orange light issue and it bricking up. I have non of these issues with my SL Type 601, so I am left feeling that the M11 isn’t a finished product and maybe should be withdrawn until these issues are resolved.  I certainly wouldn’t use it for professional use at this stage of its development.

4 hours ago, Mac Sinclair said:

Does this bug fix address the message “File Unreadable” on the rear screen which occurs if a RAW file is imported and edited (but not saved back onto the card) using Adobe Photoshop?

Equipment used, latest MacBook Pro 16 in machine card reader, Adobe latest version.

After the message my M11 needed to be switched on and off again to get it to take a shot.  The card was new is high quality 130 mb/s and was formatted in camera.  

I mention the above points as I don’t skimp on equipment and my original M11 had to be replaced by Leica Manchester as a result of the dreaded orange light issue and it bricking up. I have non of these issues with my SL Type 601, so I am left feeling that the M11 isn’t a finished product and maybe should be withdrawn until these issues are resolved.  I certainly wouldn’t use it for professional use at this stage of its development.

That is not an M11 bug.
Do not open DNG files on SD cards with ACR and expect them to be readable in the camera. The moment you open a DNG file with ACR it will be modified (check Date Modified of the file)

Edited by SrMi

4 hours ago, Mac Sinclair said:

Processing original files on SD cards is something i never did so far (why not working on copies?) but i tried to replicate your issue on my M11 with current 1.5.0.1 firmware. Camera did not freeze and displayed no message at all. Only a black screen with the number of the file in the center of the screen. Other photos were not affected. FYI.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:54 AM, Mac Sinclair said:

it is not a bug and you should not aspect any type of file to be open by your M11

I would suggest not to use you SD card as a drive, this apply for any camera manufacture. It will cause you to format SD cards in camera and loose unsaved files. With some cameras you get correction .

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about the 1.5.0.1 FW update as it relates to FOTOS. I updated this version of the FW manually a couple of days after it was released with no issues. Recently FOTOS indicated that a update was available. When I tried to update I found that it was the 1.5.0.1 update I had already installed. The update listed for the M11 is persistent and will not clear. Does anyone here have any insights or advice to correct this?   

Edited by galleryg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Delete Leica Fotos and re-install. Then couple with the M11 again. Then problems should be solved.

Or maybe Fotos has just to know that the Firmware is updated already. Connect the camera and you'll see.

Edited by M11 for me
  • Thanks 1