Switched to new LR... but what to do about printing?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All -- Recently revamped my workflow into the new cloud-based Lightroom from the old Lightroom Classic that I had been using for years. 

Figured switching camera systems (from Sony to Leica) would be a good time to switch software, and the newer workflow (of cloud storage, always having access to all my photos, not dealing with backups, hard drives, etc.) is honestly a nice improvement. I'm NOT a professional, so I'm not sure I need to use Classic now that there's a solid alternative, and that cloud storage isn't insanely expensive. (Currently paying $10 USD or so for 1 TB, leaving my "legacy" photos on the backups.)

THAT SAID, I love printing at home from my Canon Pixma Pro-100, and the new Lightroom, confoundingly, does not have a print module. And searching online or YouTube for suggestions/advice is difficult because of Adobe's (frankly ridiculously stupid) naming scheme/history for the two different programs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Honestly, it's extremely frustrating that the new LR still doesn't have any accommodation for printing. Is there a good 3rd party software I should get? Would prefer not to have to upload to LR Classic just to print. Seems like that'd be.. going backwards. 

Thanks.

Do you have photoshop? It should come with your subscription, and it has a similar print tool to the one in Lightroom Classic. It should also be easy to open up the files in photoshop for printing. If that is not a route you want to go, then perhaps a RIP like Mirage, or maybe one from Canon? Epson has a print manager that you can just open up a tiff or jpeg and print from it. I would not be surprised if Canon has the same...

14 minutes ago, Stuart Richardson said:

Do you have photoshop? It should come with your subscription, and it has a similar print tool to the one in Lightroom Classic. It should also be easy to open up the files in photoshop for printing. If that is not a route you want to go, then perhaps a RIP like Mirage, or maybe one from Canon? Epson has a print manager that you can just open up a tiff or jpeg and print from it. I would not be surprised if Canon has the same...

I do have photoshop, but I have zero experience with it. Can give that a try if needed. 

I didn't see a print tool in my Canon program, but I also didn't look very hard. Will give that a try. Thanks!

Edited by SirBlunder

• jaapv locked this topic