Visoflex (Typ 020) - Delay on TL2

MJB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, just picked up a secondhand Visoflex (Typ 020) to use with my TL2.  I'm really liking it, even more so than I expected to!  I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was an "EVF Extended" setting, which is my preferred way of using my CL, so now I can have both cameras set up to function similarly. I had read somewhere else people talking about using a button to switch between the EVF and LCD off, which of course is the way a lot of cameras operate but not nearly as seamless as Leica's EVF Extended mode.  I don't know why every digital camera doesn't do this, but I digress.

One issue that I'm having, though, is that there is a short but perceptible lag from the time I raise the camera to my eye to the time until the EVF turns on. Not terrible, mind you, but certainly noticeable as compared to my CL, and enough so to be a little annoying, if not a deal breaker.  Of course, the CL has the benefit of eye sensor sensitivity adjustment, which I don't see in the TL2's menus.  Am I missing it somewhere?  If not, no big deal, but I guess my question would be is this normal EVF behavior?  If it's just the way it is, I'll accept it and move on, but if it is indicative of a malfunctioning unit I'd like to know so that I can get it replaced ASAP while I'm still in the return period.

Thanks.