System Error

Sohail

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

I was hoping this would never happen to me, but I'm now getting the dreaded "System Error". I've looked at all the forum responses and I'm still getting the same issue. Are there any updated solutions. Any help would be appreciated. I'm desperate.

Thanks in advance.

I assume taht you've tried all the usual remedies (which apply to all electronics): remove the battery for an extended period of time, swap SD cards, remove and re-mount the lens, clean lens contacts with isopropyl alcohol (99%), using a cotton swab.

Your next step is to contact you local Leica importer, or your dealer. Leica should provide you with a shipping label.

An update: I'm in Milan (visiting) and was advised to contact Leica Customer Care Italia, who would arrange to have my SL2 shipped to Germany. I resigned myself to several months of emails, shipping costs, and going without an SL2.

I emailed them at 10:39am. They replied in 31 minutes and told me to drop off the SL2 body at their office. They said they'd send it to Germany at their expense—return it too.

I went over at 4pm. They gave me a spanking new loaner which I can hold onto until my SL2 is returned to me. They will try to have it fixed within a few weeks. 

Wow! I was extremely impressed!!

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The "System Error" message happened to me just yesterday. I was photographing some 100 plus books covers and publisher pages, and at some point the battery finally died. After replacing the battery and putting on a different lens, the message  appeared. I tureen of the cameras, popped out the battery, re-instaled the battery and turned the camera back on and no issue after that. The lenses I was using were two coded M lenses. 

12 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

The "System Error" message happened to me just yesterday. I was photographing some 100 plus books covers and publisher pages, and at some point the battery finally died. After replacing the battery and putting on a different lens, the message  appeared. I tureen of the cameras, popped out the battery, re-instaled the battery and turned the camera back on and no issue after that. The lenses I was using were two coded M lenses. 

Interesting. Mine was an SL lens. The only thing I didn't try is changing lens. I didn't have one available.