Why???

TEBnewyork

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Then there are the threads where people row with each other (which only seems to happen in the M8 bear-pit) all of which generate far more noise than is healthy. :rolleyes:

I agree with you wholeheartedly Andy... But would like to point out that if you look carefully at those threads, the row is usually initiated by folks that don't even own an M8 -- ! It appears to begin with an attempt by said non-owner to impugn an owner that has said something positive about the camera; more usually, a positive technical or image-quality related comment. Strong personalities exist all over this forum, and those aren't the type to just sit back and take personal attacks, so they respond in kind back at the instigator. Instigator gets more vociferous and presto, the thread deteriorates from there. Anyway, in this context I submit the issue is not really with the M8 user group, but a few non-owners wanting to instigate turmoil... So to me, the solution for better M8 forum health sees pretty obvious: yellow-card the instigator.

Best,

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yawn......................a new forum, hmmmmm:cool: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nice idea................. naaaahhhhh i would end up responing to myself:D ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then I would miss all the excuses that persist........... quite happy to operate within the rules otherwise I wouldn't bother..........

. sometimes living in the southern hemisphere helps ,,,,slept through this

Thanks for the link Andy.

Guy, let's you and I take this discussion offline and not waste the LUF bandwidth.

Cheers,

This is a great idea! Jack and Guy, I will donate a domain name - prepaid for two years to help make it happen.

The domain name is www.leicaworship.com coming soon! - I would want no say in how it is run, like posting rules. I just want to help.

Let me know if you want it and we can arrange the transfer.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Andy... But would like to point out that if you look carefully at those threads, the row is usually initiated by folks that don't even own an M8 -- ! It appears to begin with an attempt by said non-owner to impugn an owner that has said something positive about the camera; more usually, a positive technical or image-quality related comment. Strong personalities exist all over this forum, and those aren't the type to just sit back and take personal attacks, so they respond in kind back at the instigator. Instigator gets more vociferous and presto, the thread deteriorates from there. Anyway, in this context I submit the issue is not really with the M8 user group, but a few non-owners wanting to instigate turmoil... So to me, the solution for better M8 forum health sees pretty obvious: yellow-card the instigator.

Best,

Oh good grief.

Here we go. Don't you dare express an opinion if you haven't bought the camera/t-shirt/cup of coffee. You can't be in our club 'cos you don't own an M8.

Why, pray tell, do you think "a few non-owners" would WANT to "instigate turmoil"?

This is the most paranoid thing I have read in many a long day.

Regards,

Bill

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a great idea! Jack and Guy, I will donate a domain name - prepaid for two years to help make it happen.

The domain name is www.leicaworship.com coming soon! - I would want no say in how it is run, like posting rules. I just want to help.

Let me know if you want it and we can arrange the transfer.

Trust me Gary , i already have 6 names registered for various things.

Bill yes i do care when i have CENSORED **this is NOT our style, Sir! coming at me from all sides that do not even shoot digital no less and also do not own even a leica camera, all they care about is being the center of attention and there not getting it. You just have to wonder who the trolls are around here and what is accepted. What is even more distrubing in all of this is they don't lift a finger for this forum , but it is that good old boy bullshit that persists. so yes Jack is correct and the bad news it continues and is tolerated. Now that will lose membership and that will also take money out of Andreas food budget. But that goes unnoticed until one day when were all gone and there is no revenue and the nut cases took over. I'm not the problem i bring people here and don't drive them away with insults and trying to embarass them. You want a good forum than lose the idots and retain the good. When was the last time you seen some of these hecklers acutally help another member. I personally never seen it but yet they exist. So there i said my peace and i am tired of the crap. Now ban me if you want and see who actually loses. It won't be me

Oh if this turns out to be my last post than good luck to everyone and keep shooting. Been fun

Guy, it would be far easier to take you seriously if you refrained from tossing a hissy fit every time somebody disagrees with you.

It may come as a surprise for you but you are far from being the only person around here who helps others. Respect is earned, not demanded.

Regards,

Bill

Oh good grief.

Here we go. Don't you dare express an opinion if you haven't bought the camera/t-shirt/cup of coffee. You can't be in our club 'cos you don't own an M8.

Why, pray tell, do you think "a few non-owners" would WANT to "instigate turmoil"?

This is the most paranoid thing I have read in many a long day.

Regards,

Bill

Uh, I am referring to the specific few individuals that continually reply with insults and denigrating personal attacks to OP's in this forum when anything positive is said about the M8... (And anybody that participates regularly in this forum already knows who those instigators are.) I am not referring to bulk of the folks who respond civilly with their questions and or disagreement -- that is what makes constructive dialog and benefits the group as a whole.

PS: And let me guess, you don't own an M8 do you?

Cheers,

Guest guy_mancuso

Not a hissy just the facts and if you read this whole thread there is not one single word that refers to hissy fit until this last post becuase you are NOT seeing and refuses to understand what really is going on around here.

So what? If you own two does that make you twice as good as someone who owns one?

When it comes to doing things for this forum Bill is as good as it gets. Plus he doesn't keep reminding us of the fact, unlike some I could name.

"Bill yes i do care when i have moderated for the sake of consistency coming at me from all sides that do not even shoot digital no less and also do not own even a leica camera" and "you don't even own an m8 do you?"

i wish you guys could chill and read what you are writing. it's comical! love the tantrum threads -keep em coming. I especially love the "i don't even care just trying to help"s. And the "I'm ducking out of this thread"s. Pure comedy.

Jack, I thank you. You have made my point far better than I ever could. Do remember in future that irony is not what they use to make girders.

I rest my case.

So what? If you own two does that make you twice as good as someone who owns one?

When it comes to doing things for this forum Bill is as good as it gets. Plus he doesn't keep reminding us of the fact, unlike some I could name.

Steve, thank you. Since Jack by his own admission does not leave the M8 sub-forum he can be forgiven for his blinkered view.

Regards,

Bill

Not at all... I was just making a simple observation. You and Bill are the one reading more into it than is there... Seems like there is a heavy propensity in this forum to always assume hidden agendas -- even when none exist. Talk about being paranioid.

Good day,

Trust me Gary , i already have 6 names registered for various things.

Ok, hopefully you have one as good as Leicaworship.com! Its the perfect name for those with a sense of humor :)

Let me know soon if you change your mind - I probably won't have time to build a site, so I'll may offer it to the general public.

Gary