Why???

TEBnewyork

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Do that, and no one with any other interest in digital Leicas would ever look at it again...

Well ... we could have a conventional Leica forum, for R and M models, AND an alternative Leica forum, for 4/3 and point and shooters. Just my .02. :)

One side note ... I used to only bookmark the M8 forum, then only the digital forum and thought it's all about the Leica forum as well ... ended up with missing a lot of fun. ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If M8 photos were in this forum, folks who don't own an M8 would either be deprived of many great pictures, or they would have to visit this forum and wade through content they mostly don't care about.

Actually, I own an M8, but I find myself viewing the M8 forum less and the photo forums more. So the current structure makes good sense to me.

John

I for one would like to know exactly what purpose was served by moving it --- the hard fact is that almost every single M8 thread that gets moved elswhere because a moderator thinks it has broader appeal, dies a sudden death. A look at the regular traffic numbers on the M8 forum versus the others tells this story...

My .02,

This is true...

The M8 forum is the 75% (or more) of all the forums. Moving a thread elsewhere saves bandwidth just because you're -kind of- hiding it.

I also wasn't happy that the threads were moved, but I do respect Andreas' rules.

This is true...

The M8 forum is the 75% (or more) of all the forums.

This is NOT true ... have you guys ever bothered to check the main forum index at all?

Digital Forum posts number: 116,044

M8 sub forum posts number: 42,354

Photo forum posts number: 78,819

I haven't calculated but the percentage for M8 posts in the English forum is under 30%, much closer to 20% of the total posts IMO. :D

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is NOT true ... have you guys ever bothered to check the main forum index at all?

Digital Forum posts number: 116,044

M8 sub forum posts number: 42,354

Photo forum posts number: 78,819

I haven't calculated but the percentage for M8 posts in the English forum is under 30%, much closer to 20% of the total posts IMO. :D

Simon, try pulling that set of statistics for just THE PAST 6 MONTHS and see what happens.

:D,

Guest guy_mancuso
Go to the front page*

Go to "About the Leica Forum"

Go to the second thread down "Rules in the Leica Forum"

How much more obvious do you people want this?

You have to check the box to say you've read them when you join.

* I know that the majority of M8 posters who contribute to this continuing debate never bother to look at anything else, but that's not the fault of the forum, or the Admin. It's theirs.

Here - I've made it even easier for the lazy ones amongst you :rolleyes:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/about-leica-forum/6909-rules-leica-forum.html

Andy no where does it say where or what to post the photos . You missed the whole conversation , yes we know about the rules but nowhere does it say you can' tpost images in the M8 forum or anywhere else and that is the point I was trying to bring across. Honestly looking at your posts your are very animate about this and i am trying to figure out why becuase it really makes no sense when even the rules don't state it but you obviously do. Were is it written. See my point . Just becuase you guys keep saying it does not mean it truly is real becuase there is no reference to it. Not sure why no one understands this. For the new guy he has no clue where he can or cannot post a picture as the rules read it could be anywhere from the way it reads.

Guy

I fear that you are being difficult, just for the sake of it.

You know as well as I do why the M8 forum was set up.

How much more obvious, to anyone seeing the forum for the first time, does it have to be? There's a whole section devoted to "Photos"

Would you rather the rules, as I linked to, were edited? I will do that with pleasure.

The title to the M8 forum reads

"This forum is dedicated to everything around the Leica M8"

Are pictures from the M8 somehow not part of "everything around the M8"? I like the Leica Users Forum simply because everything about the M8 is covered in one place. Moving threads dealing with pictures from the M8 to different places makes using the site much less desireable, at least to me. Perhaps I'm in the minority but I just don't see the point.

Terry

Hi Terry,

I agree! WELL SAID.

Gary

Gary I. Rothstein, Photography

Were is it written. See my point . Just becuase you guys keep saying it does not mean it truly is real becuase there is no reference to it.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/people/33928-m8-portrait-photography.html

Post number 30. Seems pretty clear to me, I'd expect Andreas to modify the rules to match.

If I remember correctly there was a similar message from Andreas when he moved the landscape thread, but I think that was lost during the system problem last week.

Guest guy_mancuso
Guy

I fear that you are being difficult, just for the sake of it.

You know as well as I do why the M8 forum was set up.

How much more obvious, to anyone seeing the forum for the first time, does it have to be? There's a whole section devoted to "Photos"

Would you rather the rules, as I linked to, were edited? I will do that with pleasure.

No Andy i am not being difficult at all and forget about me , i don't count becuase i have heard this before but look at the numbers of new people. they do not know this word of mouth stuff and Andy you know exactly that it's all that is. If you look strictly at the wording in every section of this forum or a description of it BTW Photos when you click on it says nothing at all . M8 it says everything about the M8 . See what i mean even the thread title has no description. it is not just about rewriting the rules it is about more design decisions to make it clear on what goes where. that is what i am saying is a redesign and update to the current population and new gear that has hit the market. This is a functionality issue and that is all i am trying to bring out.

No doubt i can a royal pain in the ass but i am actually trying to help the forum with these idea's and suggestion so we don't go back to or be at because he said so stuff. The mods simple can't hand hold everyone that comes on board, there neds to be a clear visual path and descriptions. Okay i am done since you seem to think i am being difficult but i really hope you see past that and get to the meat of the issue which is what counts

I think most people understand the way the forum works. I suspect that a vocal minority are going to bleat on about how "it should be like this" and "it doesn't say you can't do this" until they get their own way. Pretty tiresome, if you ask me.

A poll would be interesting...

I suspect a vast majority of USER/READERS would prefer to see everything M8 in one place, while a maority of SITE OWNERS would prefer the diversity... And obviously the site owners have the power!

So, maybe for those of us who don't like it, we should create and moderate our own M8-specific forum?

Cheers,

PS: Simon -- I suspect that over the NEXT 6 months, you are only going to see MORE "digital" posts and LESS of anything "other"... It's the reality of our digital world :)

Guest guy_mancuso
I think most people understand the way the forum works. I suspect that a vocal minority are going to bleat on about how "it should be like this" and "it doesn't say you can't do this" until they get their own way. Pretty tiresome, if you ask me.

And this works both ways don't you think Ian it is pretty tiresome that is is supposed to be like this but there is no proof of that. candle lights from both ends

BTW there is no reason to insult people either which is basically your point on how you worded it. No reason for that is there

And it is not about who wins or loses, but it is about that we all win.