Summicron-M 50mm versions: Leica vs Other

hmzimelka

So do the extra x-many grams of the v.4/5 produce heavier pictures?

As in - heavy: "important or serious. A heavy subject; a heavy discussion."

And while on the subject of discussions, perhaps a Leica (Das Wesentlich) Forum should consider the word minutiae: "trivia, trivialities, trifles, technicalities, nonessentials (nicht wesentlich, unwesentlich).

;)

Edited by adan
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, hmzimelka said:

Hi all.

Something recently struck me as a little odd when registering my new Summicron-M 50mm 11826, is that I thought it was the Version 5... but Leica seems to classify it as version 4 (IV)

Anybody know why the lens known as version 5 is classified as version 4 by Leica?

Hi. I landed here looking for this on the internet. I just registered mine and noticed the same thing. I thought I had chosen the wrong lens. I bought mine last month and forgot to register. 

What a wonderful lens BTW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Hi. I landed here looking for this on the internet. I just registered mine and noticed the same thing. I thought I had chosen the wrong lens. I bought mine last month and forgot to register. 

What a wonderful lens BTW

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I agree, a wonderful lens...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

When we extend the warranty 12 months, is the standard warranty on lenses also 2 years?

The standard warranty is 2 years and can be extended to 3 years if it is a new M or SL lens, provided it is registered on the Leica web site within three months of the date of purchase:

https://leica-camera.com/en-US/press/leica-extends-its-warranty-selected-products-and-offers-three-digital-issues-its-lfi-magazine