Your most used lens?

pgk

On my M240: the 28-35-50 f/4 MATE.

On M8 #1: the 35/2.5 Voigtländer Color-Skopar PII.

On M8 #2: the 28/2.8 Elmarit-M (v.3)

On my M6: the 50/2.8 Elmar-M

On my IIIg: the 50/2 Summicron (v.1)

Edited by cobbu2

• 5 weeks later...

It used to be the 35 FLE. The CA OTOH was SNAFU. Now it is the 40/2 Cron. Man this lens is awesome.
I am also dangerously falling in love with my Old Delft Minor 35 f/3.5... Probably one of the most cinematic lenses available for Leica.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 5

For street /candid happy walk around snaps  I've become a huge fan of the Voigtlander Ultron 28/2 V2 - I have it in black paint and the bonus is it looks great on my black M11. Probably the best bang for buck lens I'ver bought and used - by a lot. The close up shot  and hood exaggerates the size of the lens which is tiny and light but built very nice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PeterGA said:

For street /candid happy walk around snaps  I've become a huge fan of the Voigtlander Ultron 28/2 V2 - I have it in black paint and the bonus is it looks great on my black M11. Probably the best bang for buck lens I'ver bought and used - by a lot. The close up shot  and hood exaggerates the size of the lens which is tiny and light but built very nice.

Kudos to your choice - I have it in black paint as well and it looks marvelous on my M10-R black paint camera. But as black paint is no criteria for lens rendering and optical characteristics I would like to add that this lens is just stellar - price/performance queen in 28mm focal length and then some, if you are after a modern, Karbesque ™ look...

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Kudos to your choice - I have it in black paint as well and it looks marvelous on my M10-R black paint camera. But as black paint is no criteria for lens rendering and optical characteristics I would like to add that this lens is just stellar - price/performance queen in 28mm focal length and then some, if you are after a modern, Karbesque ™ look...

No doubt that the lens is a stellar performer ....

Andy - great lead in photo to an interesting thread I've never come across ( thanks for the link) - and yes serious bragging rights associated with a BP for sure. I'll have a read of the linked thread and will post my thoughts /pics on there...

Cheers

Pete

On my recent M10-R I see in the LR stats that I mostly use the Summicron 35mm V1 and V4 plus 40mm; then at less than half the count, the Summilux 50mm pre-Asph (that includes 10% Canon LTM coded as 'lux) and the 50mm V5 Cron that I use less (needs a re-lub).

On the M8 and M240 I had the same share, 35mm Cron (including 40mm) to 50mm Cron - 2:1.