Your most used lens?

pgk

My most used focal length is 50 (I’d say 80% of my shots).

I change lenses depending on my mood and objective.

My most used 50 is the APO-Summicron. When I want less contrast but keep high resolution, I go for the Rigid Summicron.

• Like 3

On M system over 20 years LR says 50 lux followed by 35FLE. Over the last 5 years 50 Noctilux followed by 75. Over last 2 years 28 Summicron followed by 50 Noctilux.  Going forward on M system it will be various versiuons of a 28 and my 21SEM - with Noctilux behind.

Different answers on SL and medium format systems.

9 hours ago, rcusick said:

For people using the 21mm focal length as edc - do you use the viewfinder or live view?

nope. 

By now i know the frame, so i don`t need live view or an external viewfinder. 

If shooting film?  Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f/2 type I. 

If I’m shooting on my M10M?  What week is it?  I’ve been really loving either the Konica Hexanon-M Dual 21-35 or the Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8.  Wide is where it’s at for shooting in the streets. 

Edited by Anakronox

35mm pre-FLE Summilux Asph. Good balance of ergonomics and rendering. Contrasty but not too much, pleasing colors, wonderful draw at F1.4. Plenty sharp when needed. Got used to the focus shift, just pull back slightly the focus ring when shooting at F2.8-F4.0. 80% of my pictures for the last 10 years. The one I'll never let go.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, evikne said:

@yanidel Welcome back! Looks like you've been gone for a while. I'm a big fan of your photos and shooting style.

Thanks! Have been reading topics from time to time. Upgraded from M9 to M10 recently and learning a lot tips and tricks about it on this forum. And mostly, got more time to shoot street again ;)

• Like 1

I'd say the vast majority of my photos are with a 35. Last year by far my most used lens was a V3 35 Summicron. Maybe it doesn't have the hype of the other 35 Crons, but goodness its tiny,  sharp, and you can even get a little classic glow wide open in the highlights. 

Then in December I bought myself a 35 Lux FLE. It's a wonderful lens, and I especially love it's rendering on film. I've been split between the Lux and the Cron this year on trips. 

Overall in ownership though? That little Summicron. 

• Like 2

Well, I know I am in the minority here, but I have just loved my 1964 chrome 90mm Tele Elmarit. I've used it for over 40 years and it is great for portraits and landscapes and have served me very well. It continues to impress on film and digital. The Voigtlander 50 APO is a close second.

Joel

• Like 3

On 7/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, rcusick said:

For people using the 21mm focal length as edc - do you use the viewfinder or live view?

Assuming that “edc” means Everyday Carry, I do not keep a 21mm lens in place, daily, but will sometimes keep a 21mm lens mounted, for one to several days in a row. If framing is critical, I may insert a Bright Line Viewfinder into the flash shoe. If framing is less-critical, I either look through the rangefinder’s viewfinder, or simply look over the top of the camera, for what some call “instinctive shooting” A small bubble level, inserted into the flash shoe, can assist in shooting with a level camera. Only occasional will I use the Live View, on the LCD, to frame a 21mm shot.

My 21mm M-mount lenses are the Zeiss 4,5/21mm ZM, and Cosina Voigtlander 21mm Nokton, each superb, in different ways.

Edited by RexGig0
  • Like 1