Q2M, concerns of unsharp captures using the 3 or 5 exposure bracketing mode.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just started using the Q2M. Do I need to be concerned about unsharp captures using the 3 or 5 Exposure Bracketing mode.

I use a tripod and 2 second delay. Also been using the Extended Shutter option. Does anyone know if the Electronic Shutter range is  120 s to 1/4000? If I want to shoot below 1/2000 is the only option the mechanical shutter, correct?

Would electronic shutter be more still than mechanical shutter?

Would it be better to bracket using a single shot method? I really like the rapid Exposure Bracketing but I’m not sure if it causes camera shake?

Thank you!

If you use a program like Photomerge,Luminar Neo  or similar any camera movement -within reason-between the shots will be compensated by the software. You can bracket handheld. 

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

If you use a program like Photomerge,Luminar Neo  or similar any camera movement -within reason-between the shots will be compensated by the software. You can bracket handheld. 

and sometimes actually gives a better result

• Like 2

BTW, the same goes for focus stacking which I use far more often than exposure bracketing. For Macro it is indispensable and landscape benefits quite often as well, whereas the wide dynamic range of present-day cameras gets us close to HDR with a single exposure. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve done bracketing many times on a Q2 with tripod and a 2 sec. delay. I don’t remember any unsharp photos unless I didn’t focus properly. Is your tripod solid? 99% of the time I use the mechanical shutter. It works fantastic. I’ve had no reason not to use it. I’m usually at low ISO, whatever aperture I want for DOF or just F/8 for best sharpness. Then I let the shutter go where it wants. I’m doing landscapes for this setup. Works every time. In post I either choose the exposure I like best or I combine using HDR in LR. Good luck.

This is an example - Chain Bridge in Budapest, Hungary at dusk  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mark S said:

Just started using the Q2M. Do I need to be concerned about unsharp captures using the 3 or 5 Exposure Bracketing mode.

I use a tripod and 2 second delay. Also been using the Extended Shutter option. Does anyone know if the Electronic Shutter range is  120 s to 1/4000? If I want to shoot below 1/2000 is the only option the mechanical shutter, correct?

Would electronic shutter be more still than mechanical shutter?

Would it be better to bracket using a single shot method? I really like the rapid Exposure Bracketing but I’m not sure if it causes camera shake?

Thank you!

Why not take your own comparison shots between mechanical and electronic and see which you think is sharpest?

Q/Q2/Q2M mechanical shutter is a leaf shutter, and it produces no shutter shock. Feel free to use it at any available shutter speed for high-IQ capture. Electronic shoots any speed and can shoot at higher speeds than the mechanical leaf shutter.