M11( future monochrom) vs m246 battery life

Crowmagnon

They both have an 1800 mAh battery. The M11M is effectively in live view all the time with the way its exposure metering works, so that would chew up more energy, but perhaps its chips are more efficient as they are more modern, so who knows, it could be a close race ...

Edited by Datsch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Datsch said:

They both have an 1800 mAh battery. The M11M is effectively in live view all the time with the way its exposure metering works, so that would chew up more energy, but perhaps its chips are more efficient as they are more modern, so who knows, it could be a close race ...

M11 off-sensor metering uses very little battery; it’s not like using live view. M11 using only the rangefinder gives very long battery life.

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SrMi said:

ePhotozine writes that M240 has 500 shots battery life (CIPA), but I could not find an official number from Leica. M11's official battery life numbers (CIPA) are 700 (live-view) and 1,700 (Leica adapted RF style).

This is why i love the m11, reminds me so much not to concern bout battery like the m240 days

• Like 1

With the M11 it is the first time I go out or travel with just one battery with me! before, (M10P) I had at least 2 fully charged batteries with me! Hasn't happened that the camera died even though extensive shooting over the day! 

Cannot directly compare to the M240 but I do believe the M11 is way more efficient as its predecessors 😉

• Like 1