Need you opinion … used or new Q2

Used from a dealer is normally okay, my used Q has no issues.  Many M and S bodies I've purchased or attempted to purchase had problems.  Leica electronics are issue prone and for that reason I wouldn't buy from an individual. 

I bought mine new....

Howevr... I've got no problem buying used. I've had great success, and savings buying used in the past!

Consider this:

Leica's are expensive. So are all the accessories.

The $$$ you save buying used, might be well spent on an extra battery $360. CDN. where I am, and a thumb rest $324.

I bought both when I grabbed my Q2. Ouch! 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, bigrip said:

I want to get me my holy grail camera… a leica Q2. 

I could get a use one, good condition, 2.5 years old for 3.800€ or a brand new one from Leica dealer for 5.190€.  

Would you go for the used one or take the new camera ? 🤔

It depends. If you plan to keep the Q2 for a few years go for the new one with the warranty. Here is the US new registered Leicas are getting an extra year of warranty for a total of 3 years. If you plan to flip the Q2 in 12-18 months for the (likely) Q3 then the lower cost used model will help with the depreciation when selling it. I just bought a new Q2 earlier this month and I'm glad I did.

Don't know if they have the same thing where you are, but Leica USA has a little secret.  U-code Leica.  Demo's turned in by reps as they upgrade.  I got a U-code Q about three years ago...about 30% off new...was like new with full 1 year warranty.  When it arrived in factory packaging I could not tell it was not new.  Three of my friends have purchased U-code.

I think you have to go through a dealer...but maybe you can contact your local Leica dealer directly.

Mine (as well as my friends) have all been flawless.

• Like 1

I purchased a used Q when the Q2 was announced.  It came with a couple of accessories and at a good discount over a new one.  The person I bought it from was selling in anticipation of the new model.  It was barely used and came complete with all boxes and papers.  Been very happy with the camera since.  Yes the Q2 had more features but then so will the Q3 and 4.  You just need to decide where to draw the line and reward yourself with an excellent camera.

One warning though, the Q series is like a gateway drug and this forum is the pusher.  You'll soon be looking at M's. 🤔

I've purchased 6 Leicas over the years, every one of them used.  The only issue I ever had was my M10 rangefinder needed calibration, which I did myself - took maybe 30 minutes with guidance readily available on the internet.  So, like others, I see no value in spending the money for a new camera.  But, of course, like everything else its a matter of what you are comfortable with!

• Like 1

Am 27.7.2022 um 19:50 schrieb Mikep996:

I've purchased 6 Leicas over the years, every one of them used.  The only issue I ever had was my M10 rangefinder needed calibration, which I did myself - took maybe 30 minutes with guidance readily available on the internet.  So, like others, I see no value in spending the money for a new camera.  But, of course, like everything else its a matter of what you are comfortable with!

Can you share links?

Thank you for your help…. I went for the used one. Great 😊 I met a very friendly man. I got a Leica Q2 now, rarely used in nearly brand new condition with extra battery.
I am very happy 😊

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9