M11 bag with EVF2

BigBabyEarl

1 hour ago, BigBabyEarl said:

I have plenty of Leica M bags. Small. Just fit a body and a lens. But I don’t want to take off the evf every time I store it. Any ideas for a simple m11, evf, and a prime attached type bag? Been looking at shoulder/ Fanny pack types, but anything will do. 

One I found that works is the Oberwerth M11 'Louis' bag (camera on its side, i.e. lens left to right, height of camera + EVF = depth of bag)

SORRY MY POST DOES NOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. I SEE IT JUST NOW

Or look for the Ona bag (the bowery)as an alternative. There is even a model with red dot for the Ms.

I use is when I have 3 or 4 lenses with me. The size is made for Leica M.

When its only about carrying 2 additional lenses and camera on the neck (without needing a bag) then you could as well look into a waist or hip bag. That is the most comfortable way of carrying additional equipment. I habe a small well shaped waist bag into which I can place even 3 lenses standing up side by side. Perfect. And much easier to carry than a "heavy" shoulder bag.

Edited by M11 for me

This little Tenba just manages and is quite functional. Holds 2 other lenses as well and has through the flap access. I don’t care for the Velcro but if you pull down before opening it’s very quiet. Or you can go through the too. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

question about evf2 and zooming for focusing.

in the live view on the rear of the camera, the image is very unstable when using high magnification. to the point that it is impossible to check focus unless using the red outlines. in the sl2s one can benefit from stabilisation. is the M11 using some form of digital stabilisation in the evf2 or is it up to the steady hands of the shooter to be still while focusing? (on sl2s using a 200 / 300 lens, it is impossible for me to focus unless the ibis is on).

Buy a bag that is bigger than the actual size of the camera. So your new bag will have some room where you can drop lenses into pockets without having to cap them between rapid changes, it will have room for 'stuff' like filters, lens cloths, a map or tour guide, or even a bottle of water and dare I say it a sandwich! Imagine a day out in the wild with bears and tigers, and not the distance to the next barista.

Another vote for the Billingham. I've used a Hadley digital for my M + EVF for over 8 years now. No doubt it will last another couple of decades at least. Extremely well made, excellent padding. It can be a tick tight, depending on your lenses, but I carry a WATE, 28 and 50 'lux with the EVF attached and the Leica grip as my standard kit with no issues. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 9:10 AM, hdmesa said:

I use two of these bags and stack them in a small backpack. They are the perfect height for the Visoflex 2 without having to jam the camera into a bag sideways. This gives me two bodies and up to four lenses, or one bag for the camera rig and the other for lenses/accessories.

http://www.artisan-n-artist.com/product_detail.php?id=552

I picked this up and its a nice around the house bag or a bag to put in another bag. Their gear and straps have always been nice. I think I'll try that Hadley Digital too. Those two companies (Billingham and A&A) have always been my favorites. 

• Like 1