rear window

benqui

vor 2 Stunden schrieb benqui:

Reminds me of the Hitchcock thriller rear window

M10 and 0.95 Noctilux

Thanks for watching!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

A fine  photo, Marc...the lighting is a bit of your hallmark--and of course reminiscent of the film you mention. Das Fenster zum Hof in german. Did the model know she was impersonating Grace Kelly ? 

As a former NLX owner I can't refrain  from asking;: Did  you use the optical finder of the M 10 or the EVF ?  And did you shoot open or stopped down ?  ND-filter ? 

For me a  great experience to shoot the NLX for a while, but after I gave up my digital M it became the most expensive Shelf Queen I was entertaining.... but then I never was a portrait guy... 

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Kl@usW.:

A fine  photo, Marc...the lighting is a bit of your hallmark--and of course reminiscent of the film you mention. Das Fenster zum Hof in german. Did the model know she was impersonating Grace Kelly ? 

As a former NLX owner I can't refrain  from asking;: Did  you use the optical finder of the M 10 or the EVF ?  And did you shoot open or stopped down ?  ND-filter ? 

For me a  great experience to shoot the NLX for a while, but after I gave up my digital M it became the most expensive Shelf Queen I was entertaining.... but then I never was a portrait guy... 

Thanks a lot Klaus! Ha Ha no she did not know it! I did not want to make her too nervous. I wanted to use the Visoflex 2 which I really like for portraits, but (shame on me), I left it at home. So I used the optical viewfinder. I tried to shoot wide open as often as possible, but without a ND filter.

I tried the NLX for the first time and I was really happy with the results. It is not always very easy to nail the focus and you need an experienced model who does not move when you press the shutter. But of course I also had some „junk“ photos.

During this session I also tested my old Contax Zeiss 2.8/135 with a Novoflex adapter and I can tell you that I was overwhelmed from the results. The lens was about 150 Euro and the look of the photos is fantastic. Next days I will post one with this combi. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb stuny:

Lovely, and you did evoke that classic film.

I am very happy that you like it Stuart, thank you very much!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb benqui:

Contax Zeiss 2.8/135 with a Novoflex adapter

is uncoupled on the M and needs an EVF ?   I'm very interested in the results with that lens. 

And thank you for the detailed response. Yes, the NLX is a phantastic lens. 

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kl@usW.:

is uncoupled on the M and needs an EVF ?   I'm very interested in the results with that lens. 

And thank you for the detailed response. Yes, the NLX is a phantastic lens. 

It worked perfectly in live view mode in combination with the Novoflex adapter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, benqui said:

Thanks a lot Klaus! Ha Ha no she did not know it! I did not want to make her too nervous. I wanted to use the Visoflex 2 which I really like for portraits, but (shame on me), I left it at home. So I used the optical viewfinder. I tried to shoot wide open as often as possible, but without a ND filter.

I tried the NLX for the first time and I was really happy with the results. It is not always very easy to nail the focus and you need an experienced model who does not move when you press the shutter. But of course I also had some „junk“ photos.

During this session I also tested my old Contax Zeiss 2.8/135 with a Novoflex adapter and I can tell you that I was overwhelmed from the results. The lens was about 150 Euro and the look of the photos is fantastic. Next days I will post one with this combi. 

I am very happy that you like it Stuart, thank you very much!

Good to know about the Novoflex CY To L-M mount adapter. I have a collection of those old Contax Zeiss lenses and I am about to sell my Sony A7Rm3 camera which I used as a platform for the lenses. Looking forward to see your results with the Contax 135mm f/2.8 CY. I got two versions of this lens. I am keen to use my 50mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.7 and 85mm f/1.8 on the Leica.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb R4p70r:

Good to know about the Novoflex CY To L-M mount adapter. I have a collection of those old Contax Zeiss lenses and I am about to sell my Sony A7Rm3 camera which I used as a platform for the lenses. Looking forward to see your results with the Contax 135mm f/2.8 CY. I got two versions of this lens. I am keen to use my 50mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.7 and 85mm f/1.8 on the Leica.

You have to use it with your M, for sure you will love the results!!!

• Like 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb fotografr:

The lighting, lens choice, aperture and model positioning are all superb. Really fine work here.

Brent, thank you very much for your encouraging words! Glad that you like it!

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Bateleur:

Great composition and light. Fabulous photo!

Thanks a lot Charles! I was the first time that I used artificial light for this effect, because there was no sunlight in the room. I had a lot of photos which did not work for me, but this one was worth the effort.

• Like 1