Is this mean my camera needs a rangefinder alignment calibration ?

MyLeicaWorld

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, lct said:

My experience with the Summicron 35/2 asph v1 is different to yours i must say. Smooth and accurate focusing with comfortable focus tab. I suspect your body and/or lens may need some CLA.

Same here, since new decades ago… buttery smooth. Aperture clicks also satisfying. But as we’ve discussed before, mine has minor focus shift at f2.8/f4, although easily accommodated in practical use.

Jeff

The focusing on my 35 is definitely smooth and accurate but the SMALLEST movement of the focusing ring up close at f2.0 takes it out of focus.

Edited by rsh

On 7/23/2022 at 2:16 PM, rsh said:

Of the lenses I own, the 35 Asph Ver 1 is the most challenging to focus close in w/o the Visoflex.  The 50 Summilux Asph or the 28 & 75  Summicrons are less challenging on my eyesight focusing close.

51 minutes ago, rsh said:

The focusing on my 35 is definitely smooth and accurate but the SMALLEST movement of the focusing ring up close at f2.0 takes it out of focus.

If your 35 is in focus with the Visoflex it should be in focus with the rangefinder as well. If not, it could be that your 35 and/or camera need some calibration.
Edit: A diopter correction lens could fix your problem too. You won't have to screw it on and off, contrary to what you seemed to think in the post below. I have one stuck on all my rangefinders. 

Edited by lct

It is the same with the Visoflex.  The smallest movement of the focusing ring at f2.0 takes it out of critical focus and the same goes for any moment of the camera hand held.  

Thank you for the diopter advice but they have been problematic for me thru the years.

Edited by rsh

Your lens can hardly stay in focus if you set it out of focus, especially at close distance where the DoF is shallower. Anyway, i can only confirm that the Summicron 35/2 asph v1 has been working fine during 10+ years for this 70+ old guy, that diopter correction lenses are not made to be put on and off and that a CLA can only be good for old camera and lenses, especially rangefinders. FWIW.

• Thanks 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb rsh:

So, it works as designed.

Edited by Helge
  • Like 1