M11 Monochrom

colint544

On 8/19/2022 at 5:54 PM, fotografr said:

That's exactly what caused me to sell my M9M a few years ago after I had the sensor replaced. I'm very happy I was able to find another one recently in mint condition with just over 2K clicks. I do agree with you and others about the great high ISO performance of the M10M. I rarely need to go higher than ISO 5000, which is already a big improvement over what I did with film. The M10M also does have other qualities that I miss, like the thinner, lighter body, ultra quiet shutter, large high res LCD, increased dynamic range, the list goes on. But image for image, I'm still sold on my M9M as the best camera for me. I'll definitely look very closely at a M11M if one is brought out.

I swore I'd never get rid of my M9M, even after I got the M10M, but half of the year here is cold and my batteries just would not function in cold weather.  I'd have 5 batteries in inside pockets, so that when one went dead (after about 5 exposures) I'd swap them out for another 5 exposures.  I just couldn't rely on it and felt that someone else could get good use out of it.  I'm curious, Brent, if you've had issues where you live, which is colder longer than Idaho.

Massively interesting, the echo chamber effect glow and draw a series of filter bubbles here.

M9M glow, M246 glow, M10M glow, Q2M glow, Non-Monochrom glow and Leica Glow...and the next bubble shall be the M11 glow most likely.

Most of the people choose to challenge the gears(relatively easier but it's not easy and fare enough to the Leica R&D and Operation), there's no such thing called - never-ending growth rate, isn't it?

Some even choose confirmation bias other than take it(Photography) as a self-challenges.

1 hour ago, Likaleica said:

I swore I'd never get rid of my M9M, even after I got the M10M, but half of the year here is cold and my batteries just would not function in cold weather.  I'd have 5 batteries in inside pockets, so that when one went dead (after about 5 exposures) I'd swap them out for another 5 exposures.  I just couldn't rely on it and felt that someone else could get good use out of it.  I'm curious, Brent, if you've had issues where you live, which is colder longer than Idaho.

Actually, I haven't experienced that problem. The batteries only last about half as long as the M10 batteries, but I haven't had nearly the problem you describe. Based on most of the reviews for the M9 batteries currently being sold at B&H Photo, it seems they have been re-engineered because people indicate they are lasting much longer than the ones purchased a few years ago.

I've heard about issues with counterfeit batteries and I wonder if you might have gotten into that situation, depending on where you purchased your extras. Ebay was a terrible source.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/On-Camera-Batteries/ci/1100/N/4288586264?filters=fct_battery-series_3189%3Aleica-m8-m9

Edited by fotografr

On photography trips I like to bring two bodies just in case and also to avoid swapping lenses. When the M11M is available I’d rather get a second M10M. I have this pet peeve about dedicated batteries and chargers for every piece of equipment I buy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 8/26/2022 at 3:54 PM, Likaleica said:

Update: It would appear the batteries have been significantly improved, as I suggested earlier. I should take delivery tomorrow on one from Leica Miami that is advertised as providing 550 exposures in the M9M. Reviews seem to support this. Fingers crossed here. I've been getting around 200 exposures on the batteries I currently have for my M9M so doubling that would be fantastic. 

Edited by fotografr

4 hours ago, Jeff S said:

$45 less expensive than at B&H, although the latter advertises 575 exposures. 😳🤪

Jeff

Correct. I paid $150 and B&H lists the same one now for $195. When I checked just a few days ago B&H had theirs also at $150 so they've just recently upped the price. The batteries are identical at both stores. 

Edited by fotografr