NiSi Filters

Yep, I have and I really like it! Perfect combination with the Q2. When traveling I have the Q2, NiSi m75 kit + small gorilla pod in an ONA the Bowery. Compact and very versatile set. Would recommend to anyone if you like long shutter shots. Perfect for shooting beautiful landscapes and coasts in addition to everyday photos!

You are talking of Grey Filters (ND) I presume. You are talking about long shutter speeds.

But what makes you so enthusiastic? What do you need long shutter speeds for? There are definitely use cases where that makes sense. But fir landscape I have my doubts.

6 minutes ago, M11 for me said:

You are talking of Grey Filters (ND) I presume. You are talking about long shutter speeds.

But what makes you so enthusiastic? What do you need long shutter speeds for? There are definitely use cases where that makes sense. But fir landscape I have my doubts.

I use ND filters quite often in landscapes.  They can smooth water and make dramatic, colorful sunsets where clouds streak across the sky.  Very handy when that’s the look you want. 

Gerade eben schrieb Anakronox:

I use ND filters quite often in landscapes.  They can smooth water and make dramatic, colorful sunsets where clouds streak across the sky.  Very handy when that’s the look you want. 

Great. I understand. That is a valud style of photography indeed. Its anyway nice to play around and find new ways to take photographs. 

3 hours ago, Overland said:

What about vignetting? Especially when using two NiSi filters?

And what about the Q2M: one color filter directly on the lens plus one (or two filters) in the NiSi system? Vignetting?

Specifically the filters I use on my Q2, Q2M, and Ms are circular.  If you’re talking about using a filter holder for square plate filters, you may see some vignetting.  For my SL2 is use the Haida M1 filter system with my lenses and it’s fine but I wouldn’t use it wider than 24mm. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, Overland said:

What about vignetting? Especially when using two NiSi filters?

And what about the Q2M: one color filter directly on the lens plus one (or two filters) in the NiSi system? Vignetting?

I also stack my filters with the NiSi m75 on my Q2, they are rectangular filters that you slide in. 2 filters is no problem, I regularly use a graduated + an ND filter at the same time, no problems with vignetting. For more extensive work I use the NiSi 100mm filters (larger system). The M75 set is so compact and ideal to take with me on a trip if I want to take as little as possible, so use it exclusively on my Q2.

• Like 1