OTZFO (16464) on M-Adapter L

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just tried to mount the black version of the Leitz OTZFO (16464) helicoid on an M-Adapter L (attached to my CL). Unfortunately, the black OTZFO collides with the release button on the M-Adapter L. The silver version of the OTZFO appears slimmer on the camera side on pictures. Is anyone able to confirm whether the silver OTZFO can be attached to the M-Adapter L? Thanks a lot!

Just to elaborate a bit the 16464 adapter has no M mount but a Visoflex mount. It is made to be mounted on a Visoflex housing. Hence you need an adapter like the one i mentioned above to replace the Visoflex housing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks, but I think the Visoflex II and III directly accept M lenses. In my understanding, the Visoflex II/III mount is an M mount. Thus, it should be no problem to directly mount an OTZFO/16464 to any M mount camera. It just interferes with the release button of the M-Adapter L. For my purposes, I don't need the extra extension of the Visoflex.

52 minutes ago, Studienkamera said:

Thanks, but I think the Visoflex II and III directly accept M lenses [...]

They are not made for that. They are made for Visoflex lenses not M ones per se. What M users used to do (and still do) is unscrewing the optical cell from their lens (65/3.5 or 90/2.8 on the graph above) and screwing it to an adapter like the 16,464. You can see my 90/2.8 optical cell below:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lct

I bought a 65 Elmar I wanted to use on my CL. I searched high and low for an Viso to adapter, the Rayqual never came up, but it looks like what I was looking for. My 16464 is the silver one so it will mount to the M to L adapter, I put an OTRPO extension tube on the helicoid and the 65 on the extension tube. It works OK but I have to be careful because it will focus beyond infinity, as long as I have focus peaking on, it is in control. Imay end up with the Rayqual adapter.