New 35mm APO f2 from TTA

Huss

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Screen caps from an email I got from them yesterday.  Looks huge.  For me if an M lens is gonna be huge, it better be fast! Really fast cuz I hate huge..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Camaro5 said:

That's a good price for a lens with those specs, but I'd have a hard time putting a $468 lens on a $9000 camera.  

Low price shouldn't be a consideration for serious photographers unless they  place a high value on bragging rights...the specs and performance should be what counts IMHO.

• Like 7

Having seen someone mention that this TT Artisan APO lens resembles a Summilux-M 21mm ASPH, well, a 21mm lens being as large as the 21mm Summilux-M ASPH is OK, because one would use an external OVF or EVF, or, Live View, to frame the shot. (Or, one might use “instinctive shooting.”) I would rather use a 35mm lens, however, with the camera’s viewfinder, so, am not interested in any 35mm lens that exceeds the size of the familiar-to-me Zeiss Distagon 1,4/35mm ZM, which uses 49mm filters, and has a maximum diameter of 63.2 mm. The Distagon ZM may be very slightly larger in diameter, at the maximum, but the ZM’s point of maximum width is not at the distal end of the lens, and the TT Artisan APO is a longer lens, overall, by a considerable amount. I foresee much viewfinder blockage. Plus, the Distagon ZM is lighter in weight than the TT Artisan APO.

I have several ZM and VM lenses, so, am not prejudiced against M-mount lenses manufactured in Asia. If I did not have the Zeiss ZM Distagon, I might well have bought an even smaller Voigtlander 35mm Lanthar APO, by now. 

I doubt that I will be standing in line, to buy a TT Artisan 35mm APO.

18 hours ago, frame-it said:

$468 lens on a $9000 camera is OK

$$$$ lens on a $$ camera with a $20 adapter could be a problem ;)

Interesting - and slightly incredulous (to put it mildly) - comment. Why on Earth would the value of a camera-body be significant in terms of image-capture?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 6:23 AM, Camaro5 said:

That's a good price for a lens with those specs, but I'd have a hard time putting a $468 lens on a $9000 camera.  

Exact. 

Let me get this straight; Healthy living costs money. Healthy living involves adhering to principles. 
Eating healthy is expensive.

And you’ll let McDonald’s ruin your healthy living the very moment they put the BigMac on special? Like, eat Four Big Macs a day just because it got cheaper? 
I can already hear a few dudes “yeah I know it’s not filet mignon but hey, for 7.99$ I got my stomach full of BigMac proteins. 

Or; “Fries are bad for you. But I encourage you to eat Kilos of unhealthy french fries if it cost you 3$ or less. Eat til you explode.”

This “cheap” thing is totally counter logical. There is nothing logical about indulging in something just because it is cheap. Tons of people became alcoholics ONLY because alcohol Was cheaper than water. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:23 AM, Camaro5 said:

Can I use this $500 lens on a $1500 M9? What about a $4000 M10?

Jesus wept. It's no wonder Leica users are the common joke on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put a $78 TTA 35mm f1.4 L mount on my CL, sort of a meh lens, not bad just not great either. It did have decent reviews on Sony and Fuji sites. I was having problems I couldn't define with my 35 preasph Summilux, so I thought I'd try this lens out. The Summilux got a trip to DAG and the TTA went in a drawer. I am assuming the APO will be quite a bit better.

1 hour ago, tommonego@gmail.com said:

I am assuming the APO will be quite a bit better.

Probably. Or maybe not. Who knows. Hard to tell before the lens is officially out, but apparently the Red Dot Police has already decided it's a bad lens because it has no red dot.

3 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

Probably. Or maybe not. Who knows. Hard to tell before the lens is officially out, but apparently the Red Dot Police has already decided it's a bad lens because it has no red dot.

Look bottom right. There be a by golly red dot.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 2