Leica SL

Ivar B

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Perhaps someone knows what to do? I was in the process of updating a Leica SL and downloaded the update file, but when I use the SD card again I get the error message that the card is "write protected". Obviously, I did not enable this on the SD card itself. I tried the same card on a Panasonic body, and the same error appears. I tried a 2nd SD card, and indeed the same happened again. Does anybody know what causes this? Is there some setting in the SL which automatically write protects SD cards?

Strange thing happened - I tried a 3rd card and there were no error messages. I also did a couple of test shots and all was fine. When I inserted the first card again, for some reason no errors were reported. Maybe the camera just had a short term issue. 

Or perhaps your SD card had a short term issue. There are far more reports of SD cards causing problems with cameras than cameras causing problems with SD cards. Ever since the days of floppy disks (and dog-eared punch cards and torn paper tape) I have worked on the principle that if the storage medium is less valuable than the data it holds, I never give it a second chance when it produces an error. If that SD card was mine it would be in the bin.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had a somewhat similar occurrence today. After offloading 300+ images, I stuck the SD card back in the camera, tried to format it and got a "SD card format error" message. Stuck in a different card, and it formatted OK. Stuck the offending card back in, and it formatted just fine.

' message