Gitzo GHF3W 3-Way Fluid Head...

MakinMemories

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone own or have any experience with the Gitzo 3-Way Fluid head? Did a forum search but found nothing...

I finally settled on a tripod to use with the SL2 and longer, heavier lenses-a Gitzo GT4533L w/ GS3313 geared center column. Yes, I know the geared column adds a little weight but I really like geared center columns on larger tripods! Was thinking of a different design head but then read about the Gitzo GHF3W 3-Way Fluid and thought it just might be ideal...much more stable with a large super tele than ball head design. Unfortunately no one around here has them...So the worse thing that could happen I guess is if I order one and really do not like it, exchange it for something else-just need to have that understanding first!

Update: I went ahead and ordered the Gitzo 3-Way Fluid Head and will post my thoughts on it as well as the Gitzo GT4533L w/ gear drive center column after I have a chance to put them through their paces...At least with this tripod setup I won't have any concerns about mounting a super tele lens to it!

Now to keep my eyes open for a mint used super tele...Would love to find one of the new Canon's someone wants to part with😊

I have one - one of four heads I have between two tripods. Solid, well engineered design as one expects from Gitzo. It’s not a lightweight. I bought it for large format, but if I’m hiking with large format kit,I prefer a Novoflex levelling base. For video I have a larger Manfrotto fluid head with longer levers. This means the Gitzo gets less use than if I had fewer heads. If you see what I mean! 

• Like 1