3rd Party flash on M11

signandsight

I’m a Godox user and have several of their speedlights in Nikon shoe mount and 3 AD200 Pro strobes.  All work awesomely in manual mode on all of my Leicas.  If you’re patient, Godox will soon start shipping Leica hotshoe flashes and wireless triggers that support HSS and TTL for digital Ms, SLs, and Qs.  I know I’ll be picking up one or more of their Leica XPro triggers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Anakronox said:

I’m a Godox user and have several of their speedlights in Nikon shoe mount and 3 AD200 Pro strobes.  All work awesomely in manual mode on all of my Leicas.  If you’re patient, Godox will soon start shipping Leica hotshoe flashes and wireless triggers that support HSS and TTL for digital Ms, SLs, and Qs.  I know I’ll be picking up one or more of their Leica XPro triggers. 

Thanks for the tip!

Just ordered a small Westcott rig (two 200WS strobes) and a small 80WS speedlight to use with my M11. They arrive tomorrow but from what I have seen, they'll work for me. I already have a 3x4 Westcott softbox to mount one in and am confident they'll work equally well with an umbrella. The 200WS rig also comes with a wireless transmitter but the speedlight will also trigger the strobes also.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 hours ago, Anakronox said:

Cool. I had read the announcement of the X Pro ii L trigger, but wasn’t aware they would be releasing Leica compatible flashes as well.

1 hour ago, kona said:

Cool. I had read the announcement of the X Pro ii L trigger, but wasn’t aware they would be releasing Leica compatible flashes as well.

That's the reason I went ahead and purchased the sf40(which just arrived this morning).  By doing so I could practically ensure that other TTL and HSS flashes would become available soon.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Siriusone59 said:

That's the reason I went ahead and purchased the sf40(which just arrived this morning).  By doing so I could practically ensure that other TTL and HSS flashes would become available soon.🙄

Thank you 😊

On the bright side you’ll be enjoying your sf40 while I am waiting for flashes that haven’t even been announced yet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kona said:

I have see flash announcements, that may take some time since the is only a small market.

on a positive note all newer flashes from godox will work with the Godox-Leica trigger.