Which lens for which country? (By popular demand)

Posted (edited)

Summicron M 2.0/50 (V) and Elmarit M 2.8/28 Asph (II) für each Country. Lightweight, sharp, sufficient light intensity and suitable for all situations! Metal lens hood is also built in and fits also for analog!

Have fun for photography and always be friendly 😀

Edited by S/W

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 2:15 AM, Al Brown said:

I really think there is no country on this planet I would not take my Leica with me.
Even in Afghanistan - one needed to leave the heavy machinery behind, but never the Leica.

Same here.  I buy my M cameras and lenses to make photographs, not to fondle/worship them.

That said, if I cannot travel to a place without being robbed of my M camera or killed for it, I take that as a sign that the people there are just plain rude and I wouldn't enjoy their company or the experience of being there to begin with.

Edited by Herr Barnack

1 minute ago, Herr Barnack said:

That said, if I cannot travel to a place without being robbed of my M camera of killed for it, I take that as a sign that the people there are just plain rude and I wouldn't enjoy their company or the experience of being there in the first place.

The four times you have been killed so far were an exuberating experience.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2022 at 4:52 AM, frame-it said:

Now that's an invitation for the Koreans to call the Police for their silly misinterpretation of the "right to face law" ;)

happened to 2 of my friends, one from Paris and one from San Francisco, both times in the narrow Gangnam alleys

the police came within minutes, hassled them, checked all their pics then told them to get lost as they hadn't broken any law.

Can you elaborate? I shot every day in Seoul for 3 months (about 8 hours a day) and never had anyone confront me. I used a 28

60mm Hexanon for wide avenues, overcast weather and melancholy feel -> Paris

35mm Summilux Asph for narrow streets with high rises and colorful subjects -> Argentina

In general terms, I associate longer lenses and the use of blurred background with poetry. Wider lenses and sharpness with a more realistic and modern look.