Adobe Standard as import profile (instead of M11 camera profile)

elmars

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I want to use Adobe Standard as import profile by default instead of M11 camera profile. But even when I select it that way in Lightroom preferences, it always sets the M11 camera profile. This is true for Lightroom (mobile) and Lightroom classic. With other cameras (eg Apple RAW) or other Leicas is not so, there comes Adobe standard. Bug or feature? Is there anything you can do about it?

I must say that I never really dared to say that I do not know how to properly import M11 files. As a matter of fact there is no clear indication of what setting is the correct one. Can somebody advise?

Edited by M11 for me

7 minutes ago, M11 for me said:

I. ust say that I never really dared to say that I do not know how to properly import M11 files. As a matter of fact there is no clear indication of what setting is the correct one. Can somebody advise?

Lightroom Classic or Mobile?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, M11 for me said:

Classic

The LrC import settings are a complex topic. However, there are informative online resources that discuss it in detail. 
One thing that is specific to M11 and M10 cameras is the Preferences>Presets>Global settings. The default is "Adobe Default." If you change it to "Camera Settings," Lightroom will automatically apply Perspective Control information if it was selected during shooting. However, I prefer to do it manually by clicking "Guided" in the Transform panel.
P.S.: IMO, this topic belongs in Digital Post Processing Forum

• Thanks 1