Leica MP eyepiece screws

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a Leica MP and as many know, the eyepiece collects dust within. In the process of cleaning it (which I’ve done before), I lost one of the three ultra-tiny screws that surround it (they’re visible when you remove the rubber eyepiece protector). Anyone know where I can get a couple? I emailed DAG, twice. No response. Emailed CameraWorks. No response. Emailed Leica NJ. No response. The lack of anyone just telling me “no I don’t have any”, vs not responding is, to say the least, extremely annoying. Looking for any assistance.  Pic attached for those who don’t know what I’m referring to.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

When I was looking for a rather obscure screw for my Elmar 21mm that secures the lens hood I contacted Leica Mayfair and they helped. I sent photos of what I needed and they had ones on the shelf. I happened to have a need to be in London so I arranget to pop in and they not only gave me the screws for free but they fitted them downstairs while I waited. They would have posted them if I couldn't get into London.

Check with Don Goldberg at DAG Camera Parts. He often has items that are not listed on his website. At least you have the updated version and can still get soft covers.

First off, I checked with DAG…twice. Check the original post. Also two other places (including Leica NJ…..). And I didn’t do these inquiries over the long weekend…I’ve done them over the past six weeks with no response from anyone - not even a “no we don’t have it”. 

My apologies for not reading the entire post. There are a lot of other shops that work on Leicas’ and may have screws that will work. In Portland we have Blue Moon Camera and Machine, Camera Solutions, Advance and Portland Camera Service. There are even more in the Los Angles area. When Leica changed to the two piece design, the older rubber coated M6 style disappeared leaving the only option is to use the older all metal type. Check in the Camera Repair in the Collector’s and Historical section, maybe someone there can point you in the right direction.

• Thanks 1