ASSUMPTION: What improvements would you ask for in CL and TL2?...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Assuming that Leica at the last minute decided to continue with APS C, what improvements should the new CL and the new TL2 have.

How I own a TL2 I'm going to start:

- Image Stabilization function for photography, for video TL2 already has it.
- The VIXOFLEX O20 two colors silver and black.
- Increase screen resolution.
- Chamber sealed.
- The Instruction Manual better explained.

The rest for my part can remain the same.

Now if you consider it opportune, express yourself, the improvements that you believe should carry these cameras.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dopaco said:

Assuming that Leica at the last minute decided to continue with APS C, what improvements should the new CL and the new TL2 have.

How I own a TL2 I'm going to start:

- Image Stabilization function for photography, for video TL2 already has it.
- The VIXOFLEX O20 two colors silver and black.
- Increase screen resolution.
- Chamber sealed.
- The Instruction Manual better explained.

The rest for my part can remain the same.

Now if you consider it opportune, express yourself, the improvements that you believe should carry these cameras.

Leica can continue the product as it is, with minor improvements as components are replaced by suppliers. All I want is continued support. It is a proven excellent product. Leica should be proud of it and start promoting it. Appoint an Ambassador or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hector_jorge said:

Leica is making again the CL? Good news, the CL is an excellent camera!

Where did you get that news from?..

CL and TL 2 are 2 excellent cameras, they share many things in common. TL2 is a bit difficult at first because it's similar to a smartphone, but when you get the hang of it it's much faster than tapping buttons. (Unless you have mobility problems in your hands).

Leica has it very easy to follow with APS C, they have two cameras that cover that field very well:

It features the Leica CL, which is a small but powerful camera suitable for people who like to follow the more classic Leica line.

On the other hand, the Leica TL2, with an interface reminiscent of the latest smartphones and that many people are used to this type of phone and master very easily. I, who have several cameras, now that I have gotten used to the TL2 interface, it is difficult for me to change. Most photos can be taken without Visoflex but it is recommended for exceptional cases.

By this I mean that Leica has it very easy to continue with these 2 cameras, you just have to make small modifications possibly through the firmware.

My English is not good, so I apologize if something is not understood, let me know and I will force myself to find another way to express myself.

• Like 2

The method I'm using on manual focus (MF) on my TL2 with original TL lenses and M lenses is as follows:
This method satisfies me... but if there is a different one, it would be good if they explained it.

Since my English is bad, I will try to express myself with some photos. (By the saying a picture is worth a 1000 words).

Photos with iphone 12 Pro

1.- TL2 + Elmar 18-56

2.- Subject to photograph.

3.- By moving the focus ring of the lens, Zoom x3 and x6 appear, you choose one and look for the distance so that everything comes out well focused at this point and with the left Dial you can adjust the diaphragm and with the right Dial the Speed. When it is to your liking you take the photo.

4.- Leica TL2+Sumicron C 40 F2+Leica M Adapter T

5.- Subject to photograph.

6.- Turning the Dial from left to right once zoom x3 the second time zoom x6, on the screen you only see the image enlarged by x3 or x6 while you are in Zoom you can modify the diaphragm and speed and look for the distance and when you see it sharp you take the photo.

If something is not well understood, let me know and I will try to clarify it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If something is not well understood, let me know and I will try to clarify it.

Edited by Dopaco

On 7/2/2022 at 2:53 AM, FrozenInTime said:

For now all the CL needs is focus point D-pad lock and button push single AF functionality.

This does feel like one of the most urgent needs. The rest I wouldn't call "needs" but preferences. Improved video functionality (focusing), I suppose. I like how video looks but don't use it often because the CL is more of a hassle than it needs to be. So focus lock, and improved video operation.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, Shawn30 said:

Whatever I replace my CL with will have to have a higher usable ISO. IBIS & water resistance wouldn't hurt. I'm thinking shrink the SL2-S to the size of the CL or even the Q. I don't care about the video features. 

Not a very practical thought. Full Frame lenses on a CL size body are HUGE and as they are power-hungry the (small) battery life would be severely curtailed. This is a simple 28-70 zoom…

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 4:57 AM, jaapv said:

Not a very practical thought. Full Frame lenses on a CL size body are HUGE and as they are power-hungry the (small) battery life would be severely curtailed. This is a simple 28-70 zoom…

I have a CL and the Sigma 24-70 art lens, I understand what you're saying. I'm saying if an APSC CL2 were made I would like better ISO IBIS & water resistance. It's just make believe....right? 

It's hard to overcome the physics that come into play when people ask for more.

Faster processor and more "tricks" = more heat = need for greater battery power = bigger body = more weight

Added Water resistance = bigger body and issue with heat dissipation due to better sealing

Added IBIS = more weight and complexity and bigger body

Bigger FF sensor = bigger lenses, particularly if you want fast ones = greater power requirement to focus quickly = bigger battery, etc.

"More" = more expensive, particularly if you want it smaller and lighter

How much "More" do you want to pay for???

Edited by Le Chef
  • Like 5

On 7/9/2022 at 3:14 AM, Shawn30 said:

Whatever I replace my CL with will have to have a higher usable ISO. IBIS & water resistance wouldn't hurt. I'm thinking shrink the SL2-S to the size of the CL or even the Q. I don't care about the video features. 

Really? I think the CL has excellent high ISO performance.  <shrug>