Frankfurt or Berlin Lens repair / service

grahamc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Guten Tag German colleagues :)

Apologies for the English post. I’m in Germany visiting for a few days - currently in Frankfurt and moving to Berlin on Sunday  

Unfortunately, I have an issue with 2 of my Leica lenses - I have used a new cleaning product that I purchased for the trip, which has left a real cloudy mess on the glass.

I can’t seem to remove / improve it and I think it’s time to hand over to a professional for a nice clean before I do any damage. 

Does anyone know of any particularly helpful repair shops or even photography stores in Frankfurt or Berlin who might be kind enough to clean these up for me in same-day service ?

As I am at the start of a photography vacation I’d appreciate any referral of places to try in these cities . 

Danke for any help :) 

4 hours ago, SiggiGun said:

From Frankfurt to Wetzlar you have 50' by car. Best service is tge Customer service at the headquarter. You will find very nice people there. This is my suggestion 

Thanks very much.   I’m going to Leitz Park tomorrow to look around.  But the customer service is closed at the weekend. 

I’m going to try in the shop. 

Thanks again

Too bad, Graham!

Maybe you could ask Joerg Heumueller for an emergency service: http://europeancameraservice.com/book-a-job/. There is a phone number (I think mobile) given on his webpage. He just moved from Melbourne to a village close to Wetzlar. I should add that I have no experience with his work.

Enjoy your trip, both great cities! Looking forward to see your pictures on the forum.

Edited by Studienkamera
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Studienkamera said:

Too bad, Graham!

Maybe you could ask Joerg Heumueller for an emergency service: http://europeancameraservice.com/book-a-job/. There is a phone number (I think mobile) given on his webpage. He just moved from Melbourne to a village close to Wetzlar. I should add that I have no experience with his work.

Enjoy your trip, both great cities! Looking forward to see your pictures on the forum.

Thanks Joachim. What a great idea. I’ll reach out to Joerg now 

Yes it is disappointing - I’m unsure what was in the cleaning product but all I seem to be able to do is move wipe marks around ! 

Doesn’t seem to be any damage but I should stop before I cause some :)

all the best

Graham 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Graham,

if there won’t be a solution until you reach Berlin, you could try out the Leica Store from Meister Camera. The company has three stores in Hamburg, Berlin and Munich, and they are deeply into Leica.

Here‘s the contact:

LEICA STORE BERLIN
Fasanenstrasse 71
10719 Berlin

Tel. +49-(0)30-503 616 66
info@leica-store-berlin.de
www.leica-store-berlin.de

I hope, you will find very soon someone who could solve the problem!

vor 14 Stunden schrieb grahamc:

Thanks very much.   I’m going to Leitz Park tomorrow to look around.  But the customer service is closed at the weekend. 

I’m going to try in the shop. 

Thanks again

Oh sorry I forgot the weekend 

5 hours ago, AndreasG said:

Could you please tell us which cleaning product you applied onto your lenses? This certainly would help further Leica users who want to clean lenses.

Good idea. I’ll take a picture when I get back to the hotel.  It was B+H (so I thought it would be good) and the funny thing is the cloth that came with it is branded “Lens-Clear😂

Thanks for all the kind responses here. 

I’ve been at Wetzlar today. Wonderful and inspiring visit !

Customer care was closed so unfortunately no professional service clean by a technician, however the staff at the Leitz Park Leica Store wiped the lens with a good cloth, as well as giving me a cloth for free which I have used. 

It’s improved the situation a lot - and enough to see that this was smudging only that will come off. Not permanent cleaning marks or scratches - which is a relief .  

But will still need a professional clean in Berlin.  Can anyone recommend a nice camera repair service there ?

I think that’s the final step to fix this rather than myself or in-store staff.    

thanks again!

Edited by grahamc

I can repeat the recommendation by @Knipsknecht:

LEICA STORE BERLIN
Fasanenstrasse 71
10719 Berlin

Tel. +49-(0)30-503 616 66
info@leica-store-berlin.de
www.leica-store-berlin.de

Very nice and helpful people. They cleaned the sensor of my M240-P for free, so I assume that they would also try to clean lenses. At least they would provide you professional advice how to proceed.