M11 serial numbers and production date

chasdfg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/1/2022 at 10:35 PM, lct said:

It is the date printed on a sticker of the test certificate you found in the camera box an/or on the box itself, i suppose. It means that your camera has been tested in June 2022 by Leica and it is considered the manufacturing date officially whatever the serial number may be. BTW Leica doesn't issue warranty cards anymore so better keep your invoice or another evidence of the purchase in a safe place since the date of the purchase is only relevant in matter of statutory as well as product warranty. Don't forget to register the camera on the Leica website as the product warranty is only available online nowadays. Happy snaps :).

May I ask about warranty ? My country have so many Leica that brought from HK so there is no invoice for that but the price will drop like 25-30%. I was wondering that those M can have a warranty ? since they doesn't have any invoice. Just camera and date of test from the box.

Thank you so much.🙂

10 hours ago, Rungroj Suppagarn said:

May I ask about warranty ? My country have so many Leica that brought from HK so there is no invoice for that but the price will drop like 25-30%. I was wondering that those M can have a warranty ? since they doesn't have any invoice. Just camera and date of test from the box.

Thank you so much.🙂

Mine is 558**** labeled Dec 2021

I bought my M11 from HK and registered it on the Leica website, which extended the warranty to 3 years. Since there was no invoice, it was tax-free (duty-free), which is why it was cheaper.

Initially, the potential for quality control (QC) issues was not considered when I bought the cheaper M11 from HK. Fortunately, my M11 has not had any QC or freeze issues. However, posts on several forums show that some M11 owners have had to replace their M11 third times to resolve their problem. This leads me to consider that buying Leica products from the official store might offer better services and the chance for multiple replacements until the issue is resolved.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2 hours ago, Evan-Liu said:

Mine is 558**** labeled Dec 2021

I bought my M11 from HK and registered it on the Leica website, which extended the warranty to 3 years. Since there was no invoice, it was tax-free (duty-free), which is why it was cheaper.

Initially, the potential for quality control (QC) issues was not considered when I bought the cheaper M11 from HK. Fortunately, my M11 has not had any QC or freeze issues. However, posts on several forums show that some M11 owners have had to replace their M11 third times to resolve their problem. This leads me to consider that buying Leica products from the official store might offer better services and the chance for multiple replacements until the issue is resolved.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thank you so much !  I understand that when price drop about 25% I have to take risk if there was any problems when using after unboxing.