M10-P made too rugged, too tough (Sarcasm)

tappan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

LOVE my M10-P. I was holding my 5-year old son in a public park. It was time to go when I tripped over a skateboard "Grinding Rail". I protected my son's head as we fell to the ground. He was crying, but thankfully uninjured. I fell on my knee, then my elbow then my body, ribs first, landed on my camera and an attached 18mm Super Elmar. Very little damage to the camera only. A couple of small chips to the left of he hot shoe. This happened 5 days ago. Still VERY painful ribs, very sore. Thankfully looks like no broken ribs.
Mark

• Like 2

Sounds like something that I could have written, given my track record with gravity. And I'm even from metro Boston. But even bruised ribs can take a frustratingly long time to heal, so I feel your pain, both figuratively and (in the past), literally. Good luck.

Edited by JackieMac
grammar
  • Thanks 1

Fell off my bike the other day. On the way home, M10-P strapped under  the left armpit. Some (expletive deleted) on an electric scooter fishtailed in front of me, I had to brake so hard I went over the handlebars. My face splatted onto the pavement, then my left elbow and knee. Skin of my nose broke, elbow scratched, my knee is black and blue. Since the accident, I've been eating soup. Can't bite. front tooth hurts when I touch it. The lens hood got a lovely dent, and there's a scratch on the shutter release. Camera is fine, I checked the rangefinder - it hasn't budged. And the bike has nothing. I wasn't driving fast enough to do major damage.

Health is the more important than goods, they say. Frankly, I am relieved it was my body that got the wounds, and not the camera or the bike. That would have hurt more, I think.

Stay safe, be careful. 

• Thanks 1

Leica love can be hurtful... if it is not the wallet that is aching it is sporadic body parts when they hit it... even teeth!
Probably one of the most famous digital M (Typ240) accident accounts is here. No teeth, but motorbike.

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's all about the landing.

I took a bad fall on a concrete sidewalk while carrying my black paint MP in a Domke F-4AF.  I looked like I'd been in a bike wreck after, and I was sure my MP and lens had to be trashed, as the bag flew 6-7 feet, landed on concrete and rolled over a couple of times.  I was sick about what I'd surely find - but there were no scratches or dings on the camera or lens and the rangefinder was still in alignment. 

My rangefinder did not fare nearly as well.  😵

• Like 3

On 6/27/2022 at 2:27 PM, tappan said:

LOVE my M10-P. I was holding my 5-year old son in a public park. It was time to go when I tripped over a skateboard "Grinding Rail". I protected my son's head as we fell to the ground. He was crying, but thankfully uninjured. I fell on my knee, then my elbow then my body, ribs first, landed on my camera and an attached 18mm Super Elmar. Very little damage to the camera only. A couple of small chips to the left of he hot shoe. This happened 5 days ago. Still VERY painful ribs, very sore. Thankfully looks like no broken ribs.
Mark

Tricky moral dilemma. I have two kids, but only one Leica ;)

I'm joking... honest!

Edited by Corius
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Corius said:

Tricky moral dilemma. I have two kids, but only one Leica ;)

I'm joking... honest!

Selling off one of the kids to finance more Leica gear is simply beyond the pale.

However:  You could always raid their education fund.  There's a very good chance that they wouldn't take college seriously, anyway.  😊

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

Selling off one of the kids to finance more Leica gear is simply beyond the pale.

However:  You could always raid their education fund.  There's a very good chance that they wouldn't take college seriously, anyway.  😊

Sounds like a great plan… 

• Haha 1